A Google Pixel smartwatch is reportedly coming alongside Pixel 3 later this year

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

Nice! What would you all like to see in this new watch? We can forward this thread to Google and maybe your craziest wishes will be fulfilled :wink:

Screen:

• Higher PPI - Between 500-800
  • Different Size Screens - 42-45mm Regular, 46-48mm Large, Square
  • 1.4" on 42-45mm Regular case (500x500 - 800x800 = 505-808ppi)
  • 1.55" on 46-48mm large case (500x500 - 800x800 = 456-730ppi)
  • 1.65" on 42mm-45 square case (656x525 - 875x700 = 509-679ppi)

Sensors:

• Accelerometer
  • Barometer
  • Gyro Sensor
  • Heart Rate Monitor
  • Ambient Light Sensor
  • Advanced Fitness Tracking (24 hours log, steps, floors, calories, distance)

Bezel:

• Narrow Bezels - Like Huawei, with no markings
  • Touch Sensitive - No rotation, just capacitive touch
  • Thinner Case
  • Protection - Min IP67, prefer IP68, MIL-STD-810G if possible

Other:

• 3 day battery life
  • 3 buttons

If they did three designs:

• sport version - larger case; plastic/ceramic (ex. TicWatch S)
  • fashion design - standard case, Stainless steel; multiple colors (Stainless, Space Grey, Matte Black) (Ex. Huawei)
  • Square design - (Ex. Samsung Gear S, Apple Watch)

Dontā€™s:

• Hybrid Watch
4 Likes

Donā€™ts: Hybrid Watch :+1:

2 Likes

:sweat_smile::joy: :grin:

Donā€™ts: Notch

Apple Watch X

1 Like

Pixel Watch White with Orange button:

1 Like

A feminine style watch that doesnā€™t sacrifice on performance!! :purple_heart: I love my GearS3, but EVERYONE comments about its size on my tiny wrist. It looks absurd :joy:

1 Like

how big is too big? Do you have some examples? I can figure out the PPI and screen resolution that might produce some good results.

I couldnā€™t give measurements, as Iā€™m not too familiar with all of that, but I could provide examples. I used to have the original, classic silver Huawei. I felt that it was small enough that I didnā€™t look like I was wearing a ā€œManā€ watch. I made an effort with some of the more feminine watches like the Michael Kors and Fossil styles for women, but they were terrible when it came to functionality. You canā€™t make phone calls or listen to music from the watches, and (more importantly) my animated designs were choppy or didnā€™t perform at all. I eventually gave up and got the Gear S3 Classic. It works fantastically, but I donā€™t like that Iā€™m missing out on all of the Google Wear apps. The Tizen store is extremely limited. My faces render beautifully on the watch, but as a customer at work told me last week, ā€œIt looks large enough to be a clock!ā€ (Rude customer, but not wrong :relaxed:)

I will say they render beautifully on my Gear S3 except on Dim mode. I tried to respond to a Facer forum about the issue, but I never got a reply :confounded:

Hello :slight_smile: Can you give us more info on what the issue is with the dim mode? We can look into it!

Iā€™ll try to find the original thread that was created a few months ago, but essentially the Gear S3 watch is going TOO dark on dim.
Another user created the thread, so it seems itā€™s not an isolated issue: I have created a few faces that carry more info on dim than awake, but even with my brightness turned up to 100%, always-on turned off, and setting the transparency of my dim background image to as high as 80% in the Facer Creator, the watch is too dark to see on dim; itā€™s nearly black.

1 Like

So far this has been the most annoying thing with my new Samsung. Tizen is a dim screen Nazi. With my Huawei, I could use the Staylit app to keep things how I liked it. I still canā€™t figure out the S3.

So I thought the StayLit app prevented the watch from going into Dim mode at all? Iā€™m not sure if thatā€™s what youā€™re referencing. The watch going into Dim mode is fine by me; my concern is that with the Gear itā€™s going extraordinarily dark upon dim, beyond how dim my Huawei ever got. Is that your experience as well?