Animation below 1 second

i have an eyes open, mid eyes and closed eyes, to look somehow natural it should last about 0.3 of a second, then spawn for like 0.4 with his eyes open, then back again, just to make the natural blinking, that what i think the user will appreciate… (later im going for the window daytime changing, the one you taught me already :slight_smile: )

Dear mellin,

I didn’t think to put a link to my watchface, as Neriolalberto did.

here is the link, as you will see, it’s moving every second, and if I put the lines I paste in my last messages, it simply doesn’t appear.
So to ask the question in an easy (non-programmer) way, how can I speed up this animation?

here is the link:

matthieu, if you need anything of artwork let me know and i try to help, love what you are doing with the vintage street fighter design

1 Like

Thank you very much!
And I love your rotation effect on your wip watchface

1 Like

@matthieu I cannot look into your watch if you don’t enable inspection mode on it.

@Nerioalberto To be clear:
You have 3 images: Eyes open (that you want to be visible for 0.4 seconds); and eyes closed and half closed (that you want to change from open to half closed, to closed, to half open again, and to open and the end (all that in 0.3 seconds).

Am I right?

yup… so it seems that he is blinking… thank you

So it could work like this:

Put layers in this order:
lowest - open eyes
mid -mid closed eyes
highest - closed eyes

The lowest one leave as it is.

Now numbers (I will try to leave a trail on how did I calculate those scripts):
We want the overall period to be 0.7 seconds (0.3 animation+0.4 open).
#DWE# - give you back time in seconds and it’s parts from opening the face.

Becouse we whant that to be counting to 0.7 and then going back to 0, we use remainder of the division:

(((#DWE#/0.7)-(floor(#DWE#/0.7)))*0.7)

Nowe we what to determinate spesific perions that we what those 2 images to we visiable:
0.4 seconds of nothing and 0.3 seconds of mid closed eyes -> mid closed eyes shoud be visiable from 0.4 to 0.7 seconds.
0.5 seconds of nothing and 0.1 second of closed eyes -> closed eyes should be visiable from 0.5 to 0.6 seconds.
That should give you as folow:
1)0.4 seconds of open eyes
2)0.1 seconds of mid closed eyes
3)0.1 seconds of closed eyes
4)0.1seconds of mid closed eyes
5)repeate

Now we use that in a condition:

$(((#DWE#/0.7)-(floor(#DWE#/0.7)))*0.7)>=0.4?100:0$

for mid closed eyes.

$(((#DWE#/0.7)-(floor(#DWE#/0.7)))*0.7)>=0.5&&(((#DWE#/0.7)-(floor(#DWE#/0.7)))*0.7)<=0.6?100:0$

for closed eyes

Let me know if it works.

i think we are almost there, cause i copied the formula and the result is weird, but actually looks somehow natural, the only thing i need is to find out to organize the blinks… look how it looks… nerio alberto - Lumiere watch - watch face for Apple Watch, Samsung Gear S3, Huawei Watch, and more - Facer

it worked! i had another layer in as a stowaway, i deleted it and it looks great, thank you so much!

im leaving it with open inspection so others can learn about it… thank you so much!

1 Like

@Mellin I didn’t thought about it sorry. I’ve just changed the setting to enable inspection mode

@Nerioalberto It’s really cool! Congrats!

@Nerioalberto Looking good!
You might want to work on blinking period, but I will leave it up to you now.

Now @matthieu :
You said something about a moving line.
Can you clarify, what part do you want help with, and what do you want it to do in the end?

@Mellin To be precise, as you will see, there is 2 part animated, one is the “super Street fighter 2 X” logo, and the other is “ryu”.
Both are made with 10 png files.
But we can speak about the super Street fighter 2 logo for example since both will function the same way.

So right now, my animation (I mean the 10 png) take 10 second to make a revolution (1png/1sec) and then start again.
What I would like is a faster animation (like 1 PNG/0.2sec) for the all animation to take 2 sec (and start again).

I think we may end up with a different approach for those two.

For the logo I suggest this:
Create a black image with Street Fighter II on it and make “Super” fully transparent.
Then put another layer behind it with only the line moving up.
That will both be easier to program, but also less resource-consuming.

What do you think?

1 Like

It will be a bit complicated since I’ve got the logo in a full png no?

If you will send me the one without glowing light I may be able to create that transparent mask for you.

Thank you mellin, I’m still working on the principle of the formula, but haven’t get to make it right, but it shows more fun this way…

Hi guys I have just read through this post but I don’t think it has been answered unless I am missing it but basically I am after a way of making an animation using a few different images ‘frames’ that plays like a gif. I understand how Nerioalberto blinking eye worked as it was just 2 images, but if I want for example 10+ images in my animation, and this animation would last around 1-2 seconds and then loop throughout the minute every minute how would I break down the code for each image.

Cheers

Actually think I’v nailed it with this script: $(((#DWE#)-(floor(#DWE#))))>=0.4?100:0$ adapted from the one Mellin posted
I’l post my findings over next few days
Cheers Mellin

1 Like