Battery usage on Gear S3

@Facer_Official S3 Frontier - massive battery drain even on dark faces with few conditionals, this got better in previous builds but now battery drain is making Facer faces a real issue, battery drains in less than 12 hours from 100%, I’m fearful that having to charge so regularly may impact on the battery condition/life of my device. Please update S3 users as to whether this is a known issue

1 Like

Someone will eventually reply
Is almost end of the year
Good luck with that @hayden

Hey guys! Sorry for the late reply.

@hayden which version of the mobile and companion app do you use? which version of the S3 do you have -LTE model or non-LTE? Any usage of more than 5% per hour on any watch face is definitely a bug somewhere.

@Ghostvdub hi there! same question on versions of the mobile app and watch app. Which model of the huawei watch do you have?

Cheers!

Hello i have the same problem! Full charge at 9:00 am and now 16:28 just 14% ! Help please! I love facer but the watch dont last the full day😞
Thank you

Hi @brunomassuncao, have reported this to @Facer_Official, whilst this is not a solution have you tried turning off Samsung Health APP? You can force it to stop in APPs or uninstall it if you don’t really use it. I’m not convinced that the battery drain is solely a Facer issue although I can confirm, in my experience, that Facer faces are depleting the battery more than they should.

Ok thank you so much! Hope there is a fix for this issue, because some faces from the app are GREAT!

Any luck with the battery drain ? because i’m having this issue also with my Gear Sport.
Yesterday with 100% full battery starting using facer and around 16:00 i got 14% left of battery.
When using a watchface from Samsung store there’s no drain problem

I have the latest companion running

I have the same problem - latest app versions installed. Just started using Facer, bought a $10 bundle of watch faces, selected a fairly dark one - and so far watch faces are using 63% of my battery (for comparison, Samsung Health is 17%, notifications 1%) over the first four hours of the day.

Any suggestions?

I started using Facer last week and found it really uses a lot of battery on the gear s3. I ran several days with a couple different faces and then made my own and tried it. I run my watch about 12 hours a day and have had it a year or so. I have a non-lte version, i have wifi turned off, I have everything turned off accept for the step counter, auto turn on with arm movement is also turned off. I use bluetooth to connect to my watch, I use the weather, notifications for email and texting as well as call people from it and receive calls on it. For the last year after a 12 hour day I was sitting at about 92% battery on my watch. I turn the watch off every day when I get home and am in for the night. With the update that happened around Thanksgiving I am around 83% at the end of the 12 hour day so it is really using more battery after the update. Also after the update everything was turned back on and was really killing the battery. I tried facer for a week are so and the battery was around 68% at the end of a normal day and after a week I took it off. I am back to the better battery life now of being in the mid to hi 80’s at the end of the 12 hour day. For the past year I could go Sunday to Sunday turning the watch off basically running the watch from 7am to 7pm and at the end of the week I was around 25%. I can’t go a week any longer so that sucks.