Black screen on dim

I’ve created a watchface for my self. It looks great but when the screen dims the background turns black. Also I don’t have photoshop, so if any solution might use some editing in photoshop I’m not going to use that advice.

When dim mode activates, your background, whether an image or a color, is hidden. This means that the new background of your watch will always be black.

The reason for this is because dim mode should use significantly less power than “active” mode. On most watch models, a black pixel doesn’t use any electricity, so it’s “free” to show black.

This is also the same reason why all colors are changed to white on text when entering dim mode: it’s easier to not deal with colors for power purposes.

This makes sense, but I was thinking of adding a second simple B&W image for dim mode.

Would that be possible?

I, too, WANT to change ambient mode’s background color to something other than black.

(In this case, midnight blue

I MUST be able to do this to get the face I want.

Please tell me how to do this!

Give ME the option…it’s my choice if I want to take the known hot to battery life!

If I can’t do this simple thing then Facer and its “nanny” decisions cannot possibly work for me!

[THIS IS THE FULL POST, WHICH GOT TRUNCATED SOMEHOW:]

I, too, WANT to change ambient mode’s background color to something other than black.

(In this case, midnight blue, which will mean a negligible hit on an OLED screen.)

I’ve tried to upload a midnight blue wallpaper and apply it in dim mode, but it is applied globally, so it’s midnight blue in “active” mode.

I MUST be able to do this to get the face I want.

Please tell me how to do this!

Give ME the option…it’s my choice if I want to take the known hit to battery life!

If I can’t do this simple thing then Facer and its “nanny” decisions cannot possibly work for me!

Other watch faces on Wear/Play do this.

Don’t make decisions for us! We’re not children that need you to make decisions for!

I’ve wasted hours trying to get around this arbitrary and capricious limitation!

HELP!

In Facer Creator, click the eye icon on the left side to toggle each layer’s visibility.

1 Like