Can't get faces to load into my watch from a browser

I haven’t been able to find anything about this anywhere. I have a Samsung Gear s3, and the most recent Facer app installed on both that and my Galaxy S8+. Getting stuff from the app on the phone to the watch works fine, though it can be a bit slow. However, searching for stuff in the app is severely limited, and I can find a LOT more stuff on my computer using facer.io on Chrome.

When I do find something I like, clicking the Send to watch icon doesn’t work. Sure, it’ll do its busy graphic, and after a few seconds, it’ll say “Sent”. But to where? It’s not on my watch, whether I have the Facer app running or not. It’s not on my phone, and I can’t find anything on my computer either. Where did it go?

The same thing with using Chrome on my phone. I can tap the send icon and in a couple seconds, it just says “Sent”, but no file can be found anywhere.

Hi @davedjerrard, I’ve had similar issues when using the desktop APP to sync, as a work around (and it doesn’t always work), make sure your phone, watch and MAC or PC are all on the same wireless network. Then make sure you can sync a face from the phone APP to the S3, once that’s done go ahead and try to sync a face to your S3 from the desktop. I don’t know why but it’s often laggy but does work. I also use an S3 in conjunction with a Samsung J3 and latterly a Oneplus 5. Let me know if you have any luck

They are. The computer is plugged into a Dark Knight router, which also serves our wifi needs. That router sits on my desk, so it’s no more than about three feet away from my phone & watch. Both have wifi active as well.

@Facer_Official: Can you help with this?

davedjerrard1d
I haven’t been able to find anything about this anywhere. I have a Samsung Gear s3, and the most recent Facer app installed on both that and my Galaxy S8+. Getting stuff from the app on the phone to the watch works fine, though it can be a bit slow. However, searching for stuff in the app is severely limited, and I can find a LOT more stuff on my computer using facer.io on Chrome.

When I do find something I like, clicking the Send to watch icon doesn’t work. Sure, it’ll do its busy graphic, and after a few seconds, it’ll say “Sent”. But to where? It’s not on my watch, whether I have the Facer app running or not. It’s not on my phone, and I can’t find anything on my computer either. Where did it go?

The same thing with using Chrome on my phone. I can tap the send icon and in a couple seconds, it just says “Sent”, but no file can be found anywhere.

1 Like

Hi @davedjerrard forwarded to facer support, let’s see if they can help

1 Like

@davedjerrard can you confirm you are logged in on both facer.io and in the Facer app on your phone with the same account? It’s necessary for the “Send to Watch” feature to work from the web.

Just double checked that and yes, it’s all the same account.

is there anything else that needs to be installed on the PC (Windows 7)? I don’t see anywhere to tell it what device to send anything to.

I just double checked my network as well. The computer is definitely plugged into the same router that the phone and watch are connected to through wifi.

I tried debug mode on the watch, wifi always on on the watch, and even tried it with bluetooth off.

Weird thing now is I just tried it again and got a Device not found message. I guess that’s something. :slight_smile:

i was looking for it too. only way that i could know is. to publish it first. then look for ur design that has been published on facer on your ios device. i did it many times now. so i guess developers on this facer should take a look.

Hi, I have the exact same problem…did anyone get a solution to this issue ?..txs Tecki