Compass not working

Hi all,

I designed a watch and added the compass tag, a buyer has just come back and said that the compass doesn’t work? Is this a known issue? Any and all help would be hugely appreciated

Pat

I understand that it does not work on the Samsung Galaxy Watch ( and I assume the other Samsung watches as well ) because it does not have an in-built compass. I’m not sure about other brands.

Ah that makes sense, I thought it might make use of the compass on a paired smartphone but that’d be to easy LOL! Thanks for letting me know

Pat

1 Like

Yes, at the moment compass only works under WearOS, Samsung doesn’t have that sensor. It’s a pity.

1 Like

Just FYI, @patdude @riczurdo, some wearOS watches don’t have a magnetic sensor as well. My Michael kors Grayson doesn’t have one even though it’s a wearOS watch so the compass doesn’t work for it as well. I’m not sure which watches do and don’t other than that one and Samsung. It would be good to put a warning must have magnetic sensor, check your watch specs before buying kinda disclaimer in your description.

1 Like

@Orakix, yes, you are right!. (I forgot that lil detail) Compass just works with WearOS models with motion sensor included.

Lol magnetic but yes.

1 Like

I have a ticwatch pro 3 ultra GPS that has a compass and is wear os, but the facer ones dont seem to work on mine, when i create a face or find a different one on the app it looks like its showing the right direction, but the moment I sync to my watch it only shows N no matter what direction im heading. Supposedly ticwatch disabled the compass during an update. Rumor is google told them to disable it, other rumors are it interfered with other sensors on the watch.

1 Like