Conditional including a range of hours?

Hello all, I’m working on my first watchface which i recently published here: SurvivingArch - Persona 5 Theme (Round) - watch face for Apple Watch, Samsung Gear S3, Huawei Watch, and more - Facer
There are 2 questions but the main one is I want to include a string of text that changes based on the hour of the day. To be specific, I want hours 05-11 to say Morning, 12-13 to say Lunch, 14-17 to say Afternoon, 18-23 to say Evening, and 00-04 to say Night.
I’m not entirely familiar with coding so I apologize in advance. I’ve tried to use conditionals like $#DH#==5||6||7?Morning: $ but it seems I can only include 3 variables at the most. Is there a way to state a range of variables in a conditional or a different method to include them all? Or would I just have to create separate layers with 3 hours being the max I can incorporate?
The second question although not as important, for the hour display #Db# for people to choose between 12 or 24 hours is there a different tag to have that choice with a leading zero?
Thanks for your time and help in advance!

Since conditions in Facer can only have 2 outcomes I suggest this:
Create 5 separate texts (one for each range) and then use condition in its transparency.

Something like this:

$#DH#>=x&&#DH#<y?100:0$

where x and y is your range in hours (from 0 to 23) when you want it to be visible.

Hope this helps

Arch,
Oops just sawMellins response. Retracting mine. He got it covered

John

Thank you very much this helped a lot! I hope facer adds some type of layer management functionality in the future like grouping layers or something like that, this is getting a lot to keep track of lol.

1 Like