Crazy Boat! featuring Boring Walter

Hey everybody,
Here’s my latest watchface… the craziest boat ride ever on your wrist! You won’t be able to see the crazy pitches and side-to-side rolls on a desktop - you’ll need your watch or phone.
There’s a lot going on here - some notes below:

1. First, I’d like to give a shout out to @Mellin for his accelerometer rotation formulas respective to gravity in his face “Attitude Indicator”. I gleaned my AccelerometerRaw X & Y formulas from his concepts.
  2. Next, I’d like to give a shout out to the @Facer_Official team for the accelerometer side-to-side X-axis “parallax” effect in the face “Shaky Taco!”. I got my ideas from this face.
  3. Lastly, I’d like to give a shout out to the @Facer_Official team again for the Y-axis sinusoidal orbiting Sun motion in the face “She spins me 'round”. I got the idea for the ocean’s up-and-down motion from just the Y-axis component of the orbit.
    John Morga - MbM - Crazy Boat - watch face for Apple Watch, Samsung Gear S3, Huawei Watch, and more - Facer
    Hope you like it :slight_smile:
    Thanks,
    John

Except for Walter - he’s always so bored LOL

4 Likes

Dang, I need to go back through this and figure out a design to incorporate these into. Keep the watch in inspector mode if you can.

You realize I was exactly thinking that about your style of animation. Like some old fashioned pioneer steam locomotive train rattling down the tracks at high-speed in that distance single-point perspective you do, but then add the accelerometer roll with the train teeter-tottering off the rails to the left and right but not quite falling off the tracks. Lol that would be awesome.

John

1 Like

I love this. Great use of parallax and the accelerometer.

thanks @jencheryi!

John

1 Like