Dim mode not working on gear S3

As previously mentioned many times.
I got gear s2 and 1st time around when used for some days. The ambient mode of many Jason watch faces were working perfectly. I have no clue what killed it. When you updated 3.04 in March. The ambient mode is no more working. The watch in ambient mode is either stuck with no movements or broken ambient mode is loaded. A freeze version of ambient dim mode is loaded and nothing moves. I was loving the breitling from Jason where it showed a logo and digital watch. But now it only freezes. Please for god sake repair this. I have reset multiple times without any restoring apps. All fresh. But it just does not work any more. Kindly fix this some how.

Still no AOD dim version.

Kind of annoying that you keep promising but don’t deliver.
The preview in the facer app works, but it does not work on the Gear S3.

I stopped using facer and switched to GWD already for months.

Looks like Facer is loosing Gear S3 customers over this.

I’m an S3 user, I can confirm there is now AOD classic and dim mode, these will only work correctly if watch has been designed correctly. Triple click Facer watch face and scroll as far to the right as you can you’ll see a menu offering classic and dim mode, select one and click cross to return to face, you need to set S3 to always on

1 Like

@hayden Thanks for helping @CeeJay out!
Also, the next update this week will switch the default AOD mode to “Classic” since “Dimmed” ends up being too dark on most designs.

1 Like

My apologies gentlemen! I removed the companion app on the watch and reinstalled, now it works.
However stil have huge battery drain, 10%+/hour :frowning:

Have 1 more problem, I am trying to add an image to the dim mode, I can add but then it does not save, it keeps hanging in saving, both web and app creator.

@CeeJay check the resolution of the image, in my experience when the app/web creator fails it’s due to the file size being too large, there’s no warning it just hangs. Let me know if it helps

That did it, was 50 kb, cut it down to 10kb now it goes through.
Thanks Hayden!

cool, I’m going to have look at the ‘new documentation’ and add this if it’s not there already, pleased it worked for you

1 Like

Let us know if you’re having any issues on that front!

Hi
I have Gear S3 and using it with always on , i noticed that every time that the watch dim the clock stop
Can you help
Thanks

1 Like

@lior.nudelman, I finally figured out how to make dim mode work on my S3 Fronteir. I have this same issue. Currently, my face is a digital one. The seconds stop ticking but the minutes update. Did you get any support on this?

it seem Huawei Watch 2 also have dim mode not working problem.

I use AOD too, but when notification come up , the screen will wake up , after few second the screen will reduce the brightness but still keep the watchface in full function, not the simplest watch face .

Will Facer team fix this problem too? I’m switch back to use Pujie Black now until they fix the above problem.

1 Like

Hi @markco! Thanks for this report, that’s very helpful! Is this issue ONLY happening when the screen is woken up by a notification? If you wake it up by tapping the screen, does the watch go back into normal dim mode after that?

Yes – DIM for Gear S3, please!