#DWE# with one second delay?

Hey all,
I’m moving some objects when the watch wakes up like this:
(160-(interpAccel(#DWE#,0,2,5)*240))

But I want one of the objects to wait one second, then start the same move as above. Can’t seem to get a condition to work. Any help please?

$ (#DWE#>1) ? then move like above : otherwise just sit there and wait $ <-- does this work? What is the number range for DWE?

Thanks,
John

Hey @Mellin or @eradicator09,
any ideas about having a formula wait one second after DWE starts to fire? From above, I’m trying to do this: There’s a door that is closed at the bottom of the screen. On wake up, the Y position travels from 160 to 320.

It works fine with no delay. Start immediately on wake up: ((interpAccel(#DWE#,0,2,5)*+160)+160)

…and now I’m trying to delay the formula start for one second.
$(#DWE#>1)?((interpAccel(#DWE#,0,4,5)*+160)+160):160$

But the door doesn’t move at all. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
John

And the ((interpAccel(#DWE#,0,2,5)*+160)+160) by itself works?

Yes sir, @Mellin. The below formula is the bottom door.
((interpAccel(#DWE#,0,2,5)*+160)+160)

I wanted the left and right door to start immediately in DWE and the top and bottom door to wait one second before moving.

thanks!
John

1 Like

I don’t think you need to add the dwe delay. Can’t you just update the first “start” element of the formula later?

Change

((interpAccel(#DWE#,0,2,5)*+160)+160)

To

((interpAccel(#DWE#,1,3,5)*+160)+160)

Try looking at this one. I think I did a similar delay:

1 Like

@eradicator09,
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh…

I knew you guys would know.

WORD!
John

1 Like

how would you get the “left and Right” to close again after say 5 seconds off the screen?

Duplicate elements doing the same axis in reverse with a later start point.

understood(somewhat, LOL). what i am trying to achieve is an effect similar to john but i would like the “gates” to open and stay off screen for 5 seconds then close and stay closed for 5 seconds, then repeat. i assume the DWE tag would need to be changed. which i have tried, but can’t seem to get it to work

The “repeat” is a difficult thing. I guess you could do some sort of SIN wave with a floor/clamp setting to “stop” the doors at a certain axis point. @Mellin could probably figure that out. We started working on something similar with a prototype with Mario. Complicating a Back and Forth Motion with Time

something like this:

The blue line is what you are trying to accomplish.

try this maybe:

(clamp((((sin(((#Dsm#-#Ds#)*2)*pi))*60)+255), a, b))

where a is the minimum (stop point), and b is the maximum (off screen limit). Honestly I have no clue if that would work.

was thinking SIN as well. i’ll play around with it and see what i can figure out. thanks for your help