Facer Creator Slow - June 2018

This issue has been progressively gotten worse over the last week and half. I too thought it was network traffic because it would appear to be worse at certain times of the day like I posted before around, 4pm PST for several hours it would lag bad.

Maybe you were running this program in debug mode during that time and last 2 days in constant debug mode? Either way whatever has changed from a part time to full time in the last 2 days is what made the program hang up on saving files.

It will let me do everything BUT will NOT save anything in any way Draft save Publish Save Update save NONE of this works at all anymore.

What is puzzling me is Everyone having this problem or just a chosen few of us? It would seem that more people would be complaining if so.

Im sort of bummed because I promised to make a few watch faces for friends and a event they are having and wanted their watch faces to match and it doesnt look like its going to happen sad to say.

This morning things seem to be moving along nicely.

10:00 AM EDT seems to be ok now; fingers crossed.
I spoke too soon. 2 out of 2 wouldn’t save edits. The first one made it halfway. The second just hung from the beginning. Unfortunately, that face was the one with the more advanced changes.

[There’s no strikethrough button in this visual content editor?]

Is there any way we can get this working? My creator will not save anything. I have a few people that need me to make them a watch face .

Can we please get some answers on what is going on with this ? Or is this not posted in the right section and i need to be posted in general?

thanking you in advance
grammylove

Well, I just lost about 25 layers. It seemed to be fixed earlier, so I went ahead. Silly me!

These things always happen on weekends. Anybody in Support on call this weekend?

Hi all - we are currently working on a fix for this. Thanks for your patience!

1 Like

Hi guys - If there’s a specific watch face you’re having issues with, could you post a link to it here along with what browser you’re using, and the issue you’re seeing?

its ALL of them, the ones you duplicate AND the ones you create from scratch. The program will let you make the face but will NOT allow you to save what you created or publish it or upgrade it.

The problem is in the saving of the project/face And im using win 8.1 Chrome browser,
facer wont load at all in internet explorer the page stays all white, ( tried IE to see if it was Chrome, but IE is worse).

@selia67 Is on saving a draft, publishing, or both? And when the issue happens, do you see any notifications? Or does it just hang?

Its happens on ALL of the above . Anytime you try to save anything , publish or upgrade. It just hangs , acting like its still trying to save. IF you hit the publish button, it will hang for a very long time then will gtive you a quick error saying very quickly that there was a error publishing it and to try again (but that error is only when you hit publish. I tried to screen capture the error message because it only shows for a few seconds , but now I cannot even get to that point where it will allow me to get to the publish area

I somehow was able to get to the Publish button. Once i hit Publish and it started, it went through the motions and hangs up in various places for up to 5-7 mins. Then it stops and gives you this error :

WATCHFACE Save Error - Please Try again

This Is what the error says in upper right hand corner

@selia67 We’ve just pushed an update that we think addresses the issue you’re seeing above. When you get a chance, try it out again. We’re continuing to investigate these reported issues, but with this update it should be improved.

Thanks again for your patience!

Awesome and thank you,

I will shut down browser and reboot and try it out (crossing fingers)

I was hopeful. I rebooted and got back into facer and managed to publish one that was already saved in draft. (ive had this happen after a reboot twice)

I went to make a new one and save it as a draft and it still hangs up now for 9 mins now and still ticking. So no whatever you did ,unfortunately did not fix the problem.

the fact that it allowed me to publish a pre saved draft didnt meant anything because its done that twice then reverted back to NOT saving at all . I even tried to reproduce this by rebooting again and the next reboot did not make it work. It still will not save in draft mode or allow me to publish

A NEW post just popped up with valuable tech info that should help you fix this. Please continue this conversation in that thread and i will follow there. I cut and paste the thread below:

Problem with save face in editor
Support

majlanky4h
Hello,

few days i have problem with saving. There is problem with JS. Steps to reproduce bug are (tested in Chrome):

Open editor a add some elements
Save drag
Remove some element
Try to save drag
Saving is neverending and in JS console is ucaught exception:
Uncaught DOMException: Failed to execute 'getImageData' on 'CanvasRenderingContext2D': The source width is 0.
at Image.o.onload (https://www.facer.io/js/main.js?t=1528521519343:51:10911)

Can somebody fix this?

I ony noting that I did not have any problem to send draft to watch if I did no changed in it. As I read this topic I get suspicion that any removed element or element with changed content (reuploaded image) creates that bug… Thx a lot for your work And amazing platform…

It still will not save even on making a Fresh watch face with no previous used components.

Perhaps it would be best to merge that with this original topic rather than hopping all around the board. If that is not possible, let’s stay in this topic, please.

I just finished doing a clean install of Windows and reinstall of my graphics app (with a zillion settings) so I was hoping for good news here. It had nothing to do with Facer, but my patience is wearing thin, so I’d really appreciate it if we can get a confirmation that Creator is working to everyone’s satisfaction before I spend more hours on designs that cannot be saved/published. Thank you.

Linlay,

I was replying to the post above my post, so the developers are aware that his/her post is not the case for everyone. And i agree we need to continue this in the new thread where the poster gave real actual bug information for the developers to fix it.

@selia67 @Linlay @majlanky - Thanks again to everyone for helping us investigate this! Could you reload the page and check which version you have? Here’s a screenshot showing where it’s located, you can see it at the bottom of this dropdown.