Facer Creator Slow - June 2018

Quick follow-up, could you also re-confirm the following info where you’re seeing issues:

• Browser (Chrome, Firefox, Facer Creator app, etc)
  • OS (Windows 10, MacOS High Sierra, etc)
  • Watch face (link to watch face on facer.io)

Im on version 4.3.5.30 using Chrome win 8.1

Cant give link to watch face because it wont save it

Also please look under post named PROBLEM with save face Problem with save face in editor

He offered DETAILED info on the bug and how to fix it

Thanks @selia67 which version of Chrome is it?

Google Chrome is up to date
Version 67.0.3396.79 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Within the last 2 hrs, I successfully edited and published 2 faces from drafts.

Third design pulled out of drafts and edited hanged at Publish here:

Reloading took me back to the pre-edited draft which shows 4.3.5.30

Edge is clean as Windows 10 Pro 1803 was just installed on this device. I have not tested Creator today yet on my alternate browser which is Pale Moon. I refuse to use Chrome.

OT but this has been showing on Creator for both of my browsers for a long time. Maybe the Internet Gods of Security finally got really angry and said, “No more for you!”

UPDATE: For the last hour and half I have been able to Create a NEW face several times.

BUT if i Duplicate a face and try to change it in any way, it will not save the draft so i can publish it. It just hangs .

So New faces will publish IF you only save the draft once prior to publish.

I have not been able to update watch. I let it run 6 hours and still nothing happened. I have noticed all week that in Firefox Newest updated Browser OS Sierra, it seems to not want to publish anything without taking hours. OR not at all.

@feonix_07 Is this still happening with version 4.3.5.30?

I am using the online version. But now that I actually know you have a Apple App, am really excited. Can I ask an Apple watch related question: Is it apple the limits facer to only be a “photo” only app. A friend wanted one of my watches but can’t do anything but send a pic of my watch.

OK even with the app it is still very slow to publish.

Sorry for my late reponse but yes, it is happeing in 4.3.5.30 (online) version. For you question about version of editor I listed version by your instructions and 4.3.5.30 is here. Problem is still same:

1. I opened existing draft
  2. I removed one element (picture)
  3. I tried to save chaged
    BUG: No save done even tones of time and uncaught exception logged in JS console. Below you can see whole log after clock on save icon:

main.js?t=1528565240008:57 FEATURES (4) [“analog”, “date”, “battery”, “steps”]
main.js?t=1528565240008:51 Uncaught DOMException: Failed to execute ‘getImageData’ on ‘CanvasRenderingContext2D’: The source width is 0.
at Image.o.onload (https://www.facer.io/js/main.js?t=1528565240008:51:10911)

If it can help you im using 64bit Chrome (version 66.0.3359.181), editor is 4.3.5.30 and draft I talked about have ID: 0VR9Sbogsx, element i tried to remove is named “mask_bows.png”.

Hope it helps. If you need more info, let me know.

Thanks @majlanky! We’ve now been able to reproduce this error on our side, we’ll update the thread as soon as there’s a fix ready.

2 Likes

Seems to be flying right now! Thank you! :heart_eyes:

I am not very happy cause I can save once, than hangs. I have gotten more frustrated than anything and really took the flow out of my day designing watches cause I can’t build with out not saving. I have had to just completely close the app and browser. Not good experience. I know one thing that would make the app better for me, have it be able to have a tab so while one watch is publishing, I can work on a second one. It’s what I do with the browser. but since this past week, I am afraid to work on any watches. I don’t like to complain and know you guys update a lot, just wondering what happened this time.
What info do you need from me to better help you help me

Any Fix for this yet? I still cannot save on Upgrades or duplicates or any changes. Only can save if everything made is NEW.

Having issues as well today.

Draft loading okay, saving is a bit slow and publishing wasn´t possible in two tries. Third one is running at the moment but i don´t know if it will finish…

Working on firefox using web based facer creator version 4.3.5.30.

Will try chrome soon …

Greetings,

GAUSS

Update:

Using Chrome Publishing was successful but editing the entries before incredible slow. Checked the task-Manager and it showed, that half of the win10 resources and a lot of memory were used from facer (about 600MB).

Greetings, Phantasico

same problem my faces won’t upload or save

I spoke too soon. Whatever was fixed is broken again. :cry: