Facer Creator Slow - June 2018

FYI: Background only …

I noticed an issue earlier in week (? Tuesday or Wednesday, Australia). The save would not complete at all, but I realised that the ‘Showcase’ icon was different in a new session. I surmised (I think correctly) that it could not save as my existing edit session (for a particular watch face, left open for 2-3 days) was no longer accepted (to save). Most likely a change of primary key / certificate (or similar). (Facebook went through a patch of this same issue around 2 years ago …)

I took a couple of screen shots, and notes, then abandoned the session. I logged out, re-started browser (Firefox, Ubuntu Linux)), and was able to again use Facer Designer.

However …

More recently (last 2+ days), the online performance has again been too slow … and any action that changes an image or loads a new image, results in being unable to save (as others have noticed).

Only advising as this could be helpful …

Can we get a update on this please?

I sort of feel silly because Ive been talking to all my friends and daughters friends to get their husbands/dads a smart watch … ALL because of this app …because they can personalize it for a Fathers Day gift.

I know of 7 of them so far that has purchased the watches this last week so they could do this, Plus many others heading to best buy today because of the new fathers day sale on the watches

So if we can get this fixed, that would be awesome. thx

Tell your friends to buy their Father’s Day watches. Father’s Day is a week away. I’m sure Creator will be fixed as soon as possible. You mentioned that you are a software tester, so I’m sure you realize that these things take time.

I realize that more than you know. My post was mainly to remind that time is ticking (being as this has been a problem for almost 2 weeks now) and people are getting restless. Even though I understand the process, others do not.

All I asked for was a update and wanted to remind them a holiday is coming up that people will be wanting to use this Creator to complete their gifts.

Sorry if i offended you Linlay, wasnt my intentions I assure you. :slight_smile:

Our feedback on the issue is needed for troubleshooting cause and effect. Support does not owe us a progress report. We do owe them our patience. They have my condolences.

Hi all - Thank you SO much for your patience with this, we believe we’ve now fixed the problem. If you reload the page, you should have version 4.3.5.31.

We will continue to monitor this thread however, so if you’re still having issues where saving won’t complete, let us know.

& thanks again!!

1 Like

Thank you soo much,

Update: Worked perfect !!! Awesome job guys and to all those that contributed

… 4.3.5.31. works great so far… Thanks a lot for this weekend update!

1 Like

Excellent! Those faces were so happy to be released from Drafts. We can do our happy dance now. Thank you @Facer_Official :heart_eyes:

Great news! Thanks so much for resolving this issue and for the feedback from all the users that helped to contribute valuable information to assist in the troubleshooting.

1 Like

Not at all. Im glad to help. And we all thx again for all your work…

1 Like

Hmmm, for me the issues in publishing are not gone with the update.

When i am using firefox with facer creator 4.3.5.31 (checked the version) it´s impossible to publish any draft.

The process starts - but never ends. :frowning: (I tested it on two different computer)

…I am working on Opera and it works great…

@GAUSS are you on Firefox? Our QA team reported that there are still some issues on that browser. We’re going to work on fixing them today.

Yes, i mostly work on firefox. Maybe i should switch to another. What is, in your experience, the best browser to work with?

@GAUSS We’ve released version 4.3.5.32 that should address the issue you’re seeing on Firefox. Try it again when you have a chance, and let us know if there’s still any issue.

Thanks. I will try.

Publishing working fine now with 4.3.5.32 - fast as a lighning bolt! Better than ever before!

Great!

Thanks for this patch.

Greetings,

Phantasico

1 Like

I have not enjoyed the stand alone app on the Apple. Maybe can save once layer, two like flipping tails and trying to land on its side. There should be a kill switch, something that if it fails you can stop the save/publish hangup. Or allow to save to the computer to allow update/publish/save to the web at a later time. I don’t think I will be using the app any time soon.

@Facer_Official, I’m getting some slowness again.