[Help] How To Code A 9-Day Rotation (Google Calendar Data Source?)

Some background: I am a firefighter and I want to make a watch face that will show which shift is currently working color coded for the given shift. It is a simple schedule/formula. (For someone…not me yet)

Example:
My shift (A shift) begins tomorrow and we can call that day 1. I will work days 1, 3, & 5…followed by 4 days off and the rotation resets. It’s a 9 day rotation with 3 shifts (A, B, & C).

My question is whether it would be possible to reference Google Calendar and have the corresponding shifts in there or if I need to find someone much smarter than me to develop a formula to show the correct shift/color?

Any advice would be tremendous. Thanks in advance for any tidbits!

Also, let me know if I’m being unclear and I will clarify with a graphical representation of my calendar.

My theory for this could be something like this:
Since it’s a simple 9 day rotation, building a formula that changes a color and letter on the watch face every 24 hours at 7:00AM (the start time for our shift).

Obviously, I have no idea where to even start, but I’m roughly envisioning something like this:

Not that exactly, but it somewhat gives a graphical represetation of what a “C Shift” day would look like.

Unfortunately, Facer doesn’t have access to google calendar.

The closest thing might be the newest collection of changeable complications, but I’m not sure if one of them is a google calendar thing (it needs an Android Wear 2.0 watch and I don’t have one).

Looks like you need to use Day in Year (#DD#) modulo 9.

Facer doesn’t support modulo (%), but you can hack it with the floor function.

Depending on the day of your rotation, in Facer Creator,
set transparency for the corresponding graphics as:

$(((#DD#/9)-floor(#DD#/9))*9)==2?100:0$
$(((#DD#/9)-floor(#DD#/9))*9)==3?100:0$
$(((#DD#/9)-floor(#DD#/9))*9)==4?100:0$
$(((#DD#/9)-floor(#DD#/9))*9)==5?100:0$
$(((#DD#/9)-floor(#DD#/9))*9)==6?100:0$
$(((#DD#/9)-floor(#DD#/9))*9)==7?100:0$
$(((#DD#/9)-floor(#DD#/9))*9)==8?100:0$
$(((#DD#/9)-floor(#DD#/9))*9)==0?100:0$```

@mrforman lemme know if you get this working… I need something like this to rotate around and show the current day of the week based on 7 positions

@HellionTRD Day of Week Rotational Code: (#DWR#-102)

I used ((#DOW#/7)*360) and it seems to be working, I did have to rotate the image so Sunday starts on the top

yes is working too… :slight_smile:

(((#DOW#+6)/7)*360)

To change week start (back 1).