How to get recognised on here

How do I get ppl to wear my watch faces I know there only basic because am new to this but I thought I might have had a few syncs by now lol

1 Like

1 Like

Well, you should create some more classic analog or hybrid watch faces, with decent colors, thats what a lot of ppl like.

Greetings, GAUSS.

2 Likes

Ok thanks for the input I will try my best with the tools I have figured out so far

1 Like

Adding to what GAUSS suggested, just be original. If you create designs related to local teams, events, politics, etc. understand that only a % of people internationally will be interested in them.
With your watercolors and other images, use your own work and mention that they are your work. It takes a while to build a following, but if you produce good work you will get there. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

thanks for the feed back i just thought there must be a tone of football supporters out there that will look for there teams as they want them on there watches i know i do lol maybe a change in design is needed then. all advice will be greatly appreciated and taken on board thanks again. looks like it back to drawing board. 1 question can i make my own watch hands and stuff using excel ???

plus can i make cogs and other stuff just using the basic set up as ive not subscribed yet as i want to make sure i get ppl syncing my watch faces before i spend 64 quid lol

I don’t know about Excel, but a couple of people swear by Powerpoint.

For hands, I produce images that are 640 pixels high, saved in PNG format ( so that only the hand is visible and the rest is transparent ) and make sure that the point of rotation of the hand is in the centre of the image.

1 Like

You can use a lot of cogs as well in the free version. Only customization, themes, app access and interactions are not in there. You should read the docs, they are easy accessible via the “?” in the facer creator.

PowerPoint is a good one to create own watch hands. Alternative you can use gimp, a freeware tool like Photoshop.

2 Likes

And another tip: Have a look at the free and premium Top 100 Charts - the rankings can tell you what kind of design ppl like to have.

2 Likes

I personally use paint 3d and gimp for the basics like simple contour, cut, color, invert, resize and Illustrator for the advanced things like shadows, lights, effects, and every stuff like tickmarks, numbers, masks

1 Like

A note from a humble user: I cannot read anything on your first watchface. Only in dim mode. Please take into consideration that almost 1/2 of the men population has a form of dyschromatopsia. Some say “color blindness” but is not quite correct. Thanks.

2 Likes

Cool thanks everyone I will go read the docs now

Following through on the input by a handful of very active professionals in this platform and community and being new too to the platform myself. I ended up zapping through the documentation and.from various other sources and whenever I find or learn something new I would go back and edit the watchfaces that I have produced so far using the free tools available to my account and ended up with a few syncs for a starter. Do try and brush up your Photoshop or illustrator skills or any similar design tools available to you to come up with an intriguing design that would satisfy your taste first and see how you can develop it further in time with.comments and requests that will develop from the community as feedback in time.

Enjoy and never stop learning:)

3 Likes

I really don’t understand the documents it all gobbly gock to me # this $ sign this 1+1 = 360 ???

1 Like

If it helps, from someone who only started under 4 months ago, the learning curve can be steep to start but it does level out into a gentle incline pretty quickly.

I found the best way to get up quickly was to try, start simple, experiment, see what works and what does not and ask when stuck. The people here are friendly, helpful and can remember what it was like when it was all still a mystery, so, as I said, play around with it and yell out if you get stuck. :slight_smile:

4 Likes