How to hide "connected" notification

I’m using a Samsung Galaxy S8 and a Samsung Galaxy Watch. Facer is working fine, however my phone has a persistent notification that says:

Facer Companion for Samsung watches
Facer is connected to your Samsung smartwatch

How do I hide this?

Hi!

The notification should not be persistent - if it is, it’s a bug!
Can you let me know what version of Facer is installed on your watch?

Strangely, it’s gone today! I’ll let you know if it appears again. Thanks for the reply.

Hey, it’s back again today. Here’s a video of me trying to dismiss the notification: https://d.ls/facer/notification.mp4

How do I tell which version of Facer is installed on the watch?

Hi @daniel15

To know which version of the app is installed you can triple tap on the Facer watch face and scroll all the way to the right. The last screen there should show you the version number.
Can you also let me know what version of the app is installed on your phone?

Watch app version is 4.6.3.2
Phone app version is 4.6.5_99918-(99918)

@daniel15 can you update to the latest on your watch and test again? The latest is 4.7.0.
We also released a new version of the phone app this weekend (4.6.6), but none of the changes are related to this notification so we don’t think it will have an impact.

This appears to be a problem with the latest version of Facer: 5.1.6_100825. I last updated my Samsung Galaxy S9 Facer app on Mar 27, 2019 and now the “Facer Companion for Samsung watches” / “Facer is connected to your Samsung smartwatch” notification is shown in my notification bar all the time and I cannot swipe it away.

I was able to make the notification go away by turning off notifications for Facer. That is not an ideal, long-term solution, but it worked. When I turned notifications back on, it didn’t come back. I guess I’m good for now.

I want to chime in on this since this is happening to me well after these versions I’m sure. Then again I thought it was because I’m on Android Q Beta. Anyway after seeing that this happened to people before Q was out I wonder if it has something to do with the VPN I use. I always have it on and it blocks most connections that don’t use it. We’re you guys using a VPN at all when they were stuck? I will do some more tests but I know turning the VPN off doesn’t immediately take the facer notification away. My current issue is one day it will be fine other it will be persistent and so on.