How to make Day Hand Circle

Hi guys,
I want to make day circle or choronograph like Analog Designer - Circles - Themeable - watch face for Apple Watch, Samsung Gear S3, Huawei Watch, and more - Facer. How can i do

You mean you want to add a hand that moves according to the current day of a week?
If yes, add this into the rotation:

((#DOW#/7)*360)
1 Like

Hikko,
You can also play with the #DWR# tag which gives the angle (out of 360-degrees) splitting the weekdays up into a heptagon.

But I don’t know what the straight up 12:00 position first day is (Sun? Mon?). Mellin would you know?

John

1 Like

thank you. great solution. i give a try a soon as possible

@hikko, You can use TAG #DWR#, it starts on Monday, to start on Sunday, use (#DWR#-51)

@jmorga106 You are now PREMIUM ?, Congratulations :wink: :+1: :+1: :+1:

@AlemaoBRA, yes I am! thanks!

John

When you have Monday on the #DEEEE# tag you get those values:
#DOW# = 1
#DOWB# = 2
#DWR# = 102.85714285714285
For Sunday:
#DOW# = 0
#DOWB# = 1
#DWR# = 51.42857142857142
For Saturday:
#DOW# = 6
#DOWB# = 7
#DWR# = 360
Warning - they all jump (don’t give smooth movement).

If you want one that will be just jumping, use this (under “x” put where (from 12:00 position) you want to have Sunday in degrees):
(((#DOW#/7)*360)+x)
or for smooth movement (changes every minute):
((((#DOW#+((#DH#+(#Dm#/60))/24))/7)*360)+x)

1 Like

and @Mellin brings up a great point about just jumping. That decimal on the DWR is the fractional 3/7ths left over from seven pieces of a 360 circle (51 and 3/7ths degrees). To @AlemaoBRA point, if you’re making a DAY dial like MON TUE WED etc around a circle, those pointer positions have hugely wide widths around the circle as compared to a minute tick which is a thin line. Dropping the decimal to just 51-degrees for each day is fine, the user can barely notice the 3/7ths offset missing in the pointer.

John

Yes @jmorga106 , fractions are important for large circles…

Thanks