How to make future weather icons

So I’m trying to make a face with a weather center at the bottom listing current temps and condition icons as well as todays/tomorrows hi & low with weather icons above the hi/lo for each day.

The trouble I’m having is I can’t seem to figure out what I need to do with the code for tomorrows weather icon. If I pull the weather icon widget (not sure if that’s the right term or not) I don’t see a field for anything other than placement/rotation and it only shows current temp. If I do text & enter the code just get the number corresponding to the picture in the weather icon widget.

I’m sure I’m missing something simple here, any help would be greatly appreciated.

I don’t think this is possible using the current built-in weather icon layer. I think you will need to use your own icon images ( one set for every forecast day with an image for every condition that may be reported to the watch ) and change transparency to zero for all but the relevant one.

For example, for forecast day one and condition one you would set transparency to:

$#WFACI#=01?100:0$

You could end up with many layers!

I hope that helps.

Thanks for the quick reply. That sounds like a tonof work & is honestly way over my head. So I’ll begoing with text descriptions of the future weather which works OK as well. However that brings me to one more question.

Is there a way to make the watch display tomorrows day of the week? So for example I will have current temp as well as hi & lo temp for today as well as tomorow. However I’d like tomorrow to show the abbreviated day of the week instead of just saying tomorrow.

1 Like

Again, you have to do this manually using your own text layers and expressions to adjust transparency.

I guess you would start with an expression for the day value of the next day, maybe:

using the tag: #DOW# - Day of week int (0-6 where 0 is Sunday)

where next day = ((#DOW#+1)%7)

So, 7 text layers ( all centre aligned and with same X and Y positions ) where

“Sun” Transparency given by: $((#DOW#+1)%7)==0?100:0$
“Mon” Transparency given by: $((#DOW#+1)%7)==1?100:0$
etc.

I hope it helps.

:slight_smile:

First of all I want to thank you again for all your help. What you wrote definitely helped although I didn’t end up using it. However it allowed me to dig into the codes & get a better understanding of how you were using conditionals to solve the problem.

With that being said I came up with a simpler wayof acomplishing it. I now somewhat see what you were trying to accomplish. I still don’t understand what you were doing with the moulo operator, but in essence you were asking if the day of he week +1 equalled the number associated with that day of the week. However adding 1 seemed unecessary along with whatever the “%” was supposed to be doing. So I just asked if the day of week equalled the corresponding number then just entered the next day in the text field. So if #DOW#=0 I know the current day is Sunday & the text should be reading for Monday.

That made the formula a much simpler: “$#DOW#==0?100:0$” Anyway thanks again I have a much greater understanding of the tag system now. Also I used the watch hands you just put up as they are pefect for what I was trying to do. They don’t block much of the info beneath them while still being easy to read. So thanks for that too, I’ll post a wrist selfie in your thread.

1 Like

I am glad I could help; and you solution is much better than mine! Sometimes I miss the less complicated solutions :blush:

I am also pleased that you liked my hands, I’ll keep an eye out for your selfie :slight_smile:

Cheers
Mike