[Help] Inhabitant Tachymeter

Here is the update I sent to Little Labs:

Request ID: (15816)

Hi,

Trying different things with that Facing lead us to uncover two other potential bugs:

1 - Time Elapsed Since Last Face View #DWE#

This function should calculate the time between 2 subsequent display viewings. In other words it should reset to 0 each time the display is turned on and compute the time elapsed until next viewing.

On my Samsung Classic S2, it starts at 0 when the watch is powered on and keeps counting up no mather how many viewings are done.

2 - Stop Wach functions freeze the watch display. #SWES# and #SWISRUNNING#

Trying to get around the Time Elapsed Since Last Face View problem, I used the two Stop Watch functions. When referred to in a Facing, they show correctly in the design interface but, when transfered to the watch, the display freezes.

No news from Little Labs but an update was available for my phone Facer app. Installed it and reinstalled Facer Companion.

Now, theme selection works, Stop Watch functions no longer freeze the watch although I could not get them to display usefull information. Delay Since Last Viewing is stil not reseting when display goes back into view.

Well, thatā€™s a start.
If I remember correctly you did inform them about the elapsed time problem.
You want me to ask them via my email about your request id?

Yes, I think this could be helpfull. ID is 15816.

When have you sent the info about the elapsed time problem (day in specific)?

I sent the note on September 26th

Ok, I have sent a question, now we both wait.

This is weird, they responded thusly:

HI Mellin,

Sorry to hear this issue persists. Currently we are awaiting additional information from this user.

Hopefully we will be able to find a fix/workaround for this. Thank you again for your report!

Best,
Little Labs

Hi Mellin,

They are right, they wrote to me this morning:

"Hi Pierre,

Sorry it took us so long to get back to us but we are working hard on addressing all of our tickets. Can you try this again with the new Facer Gear companion app version (4.0)?

After updating the companion app also try to clear the Facer mobile app cache and data. You can do this by accessing the phone Settings menu - Apps - Manage Apps - Facer - Storage

Best,
Little Labs

Thank you for your patience! "

Here is my answer:

"Hi, thanks for working so hard!

I installed Facer Companion 4.0, reset data and cache in Facer on my mobile and here are the results.

First, good news, I can select theme and it displays correctly

Second, Stop Watch functions no longer freeze the watch display. But, I canā€™t get these functions to dispaly anything usefullā€¦ The Stop Watch status function should display ā€œfalseā€ or ā€œtrueā€ depending on its running status: it remains ā€œfalseā€ after activating the Stop Watch. The Stop Watch seconds display should display the value of the Stop Watch seconds, it stays at ā€œ0ā€.

Third, the DWE function is behaving the same way as it did before, it starts counting at 0 when the Facing is installed and never gets reset by the display going off then back to on.

Fourth, since I installed the new Facer Companion, I havenā€™t been able to synch any DRAFT desing. I have to PUBLISH thenm in order to synch.

I think you are close to a solution, keep up the good work!"

No news from Little Labs since October 4thā€¦

I have a feeling that if I wright now myself they just went ask you if you have the latest version of Facer they created.
Can you make sure that you are using the newest version and then wright to them under the same ticket asking whatā€™s next?
If they wonā€™t respond in 2 working days then I will contact them again.

Hi Mellin,

This might be it, I did not send back the ticket number, I simply answered.

Tonight, I sent my message back starting with the ticket number confirming that I did all they asked me to do with the results.

Sorry, posted the wrong message from Little Labs. Here is the latest one:

"Amber (Little Labs)
Oct 17, 06:11 MST

Hi Pierre,

Wwe are sorry it took us so long to get back to you but we are working hard on addressing all of our tickets.
Thank you for your patience!

We just released a new Facer mobile app version so if you can please update the app and let us know if the issues persist.

Best,
Little Labs

Thank you for your patience!
[XME5KL-8QYQ]

Pierre Richer gmpricher@gmail.com
19:00 (Il y a 13 minutes)

ƀ Little
Request # (15816)

Hi,

I effectively received an update for Galaxy Apps which allowed me to see that there also was an update for Face Companion. I installed Facer Companion 4.1.

No change from version 4.0. DWE runs without reseting and the Stop Watch functions still display FALSE and 0.

If it may help you, try to run this simple Watch Face on a Samsung Classic S2`: Pierre Richer - test watchface - watch face for Apple Watch, Samsung Gear S3, Huawei Watch, and more - Facer

Thanks anyway for your work."

Unfortunatly, no change to my watch behavior. Problems persistā€¦

One thing for the future: Donā€™t send other people links that end with ā€œ/editā€, because they will not work for them (the 404 site will show up).
Just delete the ā€œ/editā€ part of the link, like this: Pierre Richer - test watchface - watch face for Apple Watch, Samsung Gear S3, Huawei Watch, and more - Facer
Since youā€™ve sent it to the Facer, they should not have problems with it.

Hi Mellin,

No news for quite a while.

Could you shake them up a little???

Ok, Iā€™ve sent a question to them.

Hi.
My name is Peter Malicki or Mellin on Facer.

For over a month now one of my clients is corresponding with you about a bug on his watchā€™s Facer, under request id 15816.
Since there was no communication with him for over a week he asked me to ask you directly about the progress.

With regards,
Peter Thomas Luke Mellin Ann Midorinoken Malicki
Mellinā€™s Projects

And I got an answer:

Hi Mellin,

Thank you for reporting this to us. We will address his ticket as soon as possible and hopefully we will be able to resolve his issue.

Best,
Little Labs

Here is the message I got from Little Labs today:

"Amber (Little Labs)
Oct 27, 01:56 MST

Hi Pierre,

Sorry it took us so long to get back to you but it seems we are unable to reproduce this issue on our devices.
Can you try to reinstall both the Facer mobile app and the Facer Gear companion app?

Let us know if the issue persists.

Best,
Little Labs "

I will try that tomorrow and let you know.

I did what was asked and sent the following answer:

"Request # (15816)

Hi, I did what you requested, reinstalled Facer on the phone and the companion on the watch.

Unfortunatly, no change of the behavior. DWE still does not reset when the watch display toggles on and off, The Stopwatch functions never show any activity (status remains FALSE, seconds remain at 0).

Can you confirm that you have a Samsung S2 Classic among your testing devices?

If yes, can you describe what behavior you are seeing when you test the DWE and Stopwatch functions on this watch ?

Here is a simple face display wich activates the three functions:

Are they working properly on a Samsung Classic S2?"

I am surprised that they canā€™t reproduce the bug on THEIR devices unless they donā€™t have a Samsung S2 Classic.

Can anyone reading this topic and owning a Samsung Classic S2 watch perform the test with that facing and report his observations.

• DWE function should display the amount of time the display was off since last viewing.

• The Stopwatch function should show TRUE when it is running, the top counter should follow the seconds indicated by the Stopwatch.

Thanks for your help.

EUREKA!

I found a way to make the DWE work.

As you suggested before, I should try to set the Display Always Lit in the parameter. I did it then and it did not help.

Today I tried it again and it makes the DWE function work. Only two side effects are a bit undesirable.

1 - With your Inahbitant watch face, when I turn up my wrist, the watch display comes on with the 60 mark of the bezel lined up with the second hand as it should. Five seconds later though, the display turns off unless I pressed my upper button before it does. Then the display stays on for the duration set in the Screen Saver parameter.

2- Funny thing though, instead of turning off, the watch always displays a static black and white picture of your watch without the bezel. I say static because even the second hand does not move. I tried other faces and the behavior is similar. When the display turns off, it shows various elements of the watch but i canā€™t figure out how they are selected. It would be nice to be able to select what is displayed in that mode.

I think this whole new behavior was made available with the release of a new Facer Complanion last month. I tested it when Little Labs asked me to but never thought I had to set Display Always Lit to make it workā€¦

Anyway, I am satisfied with the solution. Should I close the ticket with Little Labs?