Introducing Facer Creator for Windows (BETA)

Thank you. worked. :slight_smile:

Brackets, [ or ], in a text field don’t render correctly on the simulation.
I did [][, which made it look correct on the sim, but then the “extra” brackets actually rendered when sent to my watch.

Edit: Just realized the right bracket renders, but incorrectly. It renders (and is indicated on the element list) as a right parenthesis. The left bracket shows “New Text” in the element list.

Love using the Windows app - thanks so much.

thank you

I tried to install this on my surface pro and it installs but does not open. For some reason it tries to open but an error pops up and says it takes to long to open then closes. any options? Also I tried to create one on the website but couldn’t pick category and lost my design cause it would never let me choose the category.

Try facer in compatibility mode and as admin than it works.

greetz

pego2007

2 Likes

@Mellin this x a billion!!

@ericmascorro Zoom would indeed be SO helpful when designing realistic/finicky watches :smiley:

2 Likes

Installed on Win 10. Didn’t work. Uninstalled. Re-booted. Re-installed. Re-booted. Still doesn’t seem to work. I can see the outlines of my faces, but the actual faces don’t load. When I open one for editing, it just sits on the load screen forever*.:confused:

*I didn’t actually wait forever, but I’m comfortable extrapolating from the data I have.

I installed it some time ago on Windows 10 and it worked well.
Now I can create new designs, but can’t load older ones…
:frowning:

I switched over to the web site for now.

Thanks for the reports @jdim1093 and @mirkosch! We’ll look into this.
And yes, do not wait forever - that is way too long. Having people die of thirst/hunger in front of their Facer Creator waiting for it to load would be terrible PR for us. Thanks! :wink:

Just loaded this on my Win 10 laptop. Seems to work fine, until I click the little squares icon in the upper left corner. It’s supposed to take me back to my collection, instead it minimizes and opens my collection in a web browser. So there’s no way that I know of to return to my collection in the application. Have to close it and re-open.

This is still in BETA after 3 years? Is the online version better at this point since it probably gets more attention?

I used the Beta for a little while but I found no advantage over the Webpage version. It would be interesting to hear from anyone who has found a benefit.