I've had this one in my head for a year! What do you think?

I love unique dials and movements. One of my favorite watches runs backwards. I love how it is a conversation starter because people take a glance at it and realize they can’t read it right off the bat. So I thought this would be a fun idea. The hands are stationary but the numbers behind them move. So the time is correct if you actually read where the hands are pointing. I put a digital time on it too just to make it a little faster. The chapter ring is the second hand and it runs clockwise while the other two hands have to run backwards. Not the most complicated thing I’ve ever built, but I think I’ll enjoy it on April Fools Day. :slight_smile: What do you think?

5 Likes

I like it! Looks particularly cool on 10x speed :smiley: I think it would be good if you could make the hour numbers always point up as it becomes a bit tricky to work out what’s going on when they’re upside down (but I guess that’s also part of the fun). Good stuff!

1 Like

You are a very talented individual. My compliments!

It’s MOMPUS!

1 Like

That is a good idea. I’ll have to play with that and see how it looks. It wouldn’t look when they are all lined up the way the dial normally would be, but that’s not a big deal. It only lines up right for a couple minutes every day anyway. :wink: Thanks for the suggestion!

1 Like

Yaaassssssssssssss!!! I’ve been waiting for someone to say that! lol Very mompus indeed!

I think the idea of making the numbers more readable is a good one. I would try it with the numbers oriented from the centered of the face with the tops of the numbers toward the bezel. Does that make sense? (A number at the top of the watch would be upright, at the bottom of the watch would be upside down, and at the 9 and 3 o’clock positions would be lying on their sides.)

That is a good idea. I’ve been playing around with it to see what works best,but I think what you just described will work well. I’ll get right on that and make that my next update! Thanks for the feedback!

Very funny idea! I like!

awesome! No worries :slight_smile: