Looking for a critque on my first wacth

Hello.

I am not sure if this is the right topic, But I am looking for a helpful critique on my first watch face so i can get better at creating watch faces. Right now this is just a basic watch, Time, date, month, and day of the week. It has a full dim. which I am sort of and not happy with. Cause It will kill battery life. On and off pixels.

I can be found at RMG Designs - RMG CarbonV1.1 - watch face for Apple Watch, Samsung Gear S3, Huawei Watch, and more - Facer

Any help would be very appreciated.

Thank you in advance.
RMG

Hi! Its a really likeable watch, nice textures, great hands, I love the Dim.
Now, the green red combination, well, its so personal, but I dont like so much. The size of the numbers of the days, just for youngsters with 20/20 sight! And a last thing, in DIM mode, seconds are not real time, some watches updates seconds info once in a while and others doesnt update at all. You can remove seconds hand for DIM and prevent it look akward stopped…
Great work for your first watch!!!

1 Like

Hello,

How are you doing? hope everything is going well.

Thank you very much for your response. I am sorry for it being late. Thank you very much for the critique. I have been in love with watches and fountain pen since before I can remember.

Ok, I will fix the red and green. I picked the red and green to stand out off the black. What would you suggest? maybe white tics? can the small tics and the large tics be the same colour? What point size should the tics be?

I have been follow a lot of big Swiss company, and they use 31 . 1 .3 . Would that be better? Should I keep all the day number and make them a bigger point size? what would you suggest? I think I am at a 18-20pt. I have to go back into the watch and see the size they are.On my next watch I am working on the dial being on the face of the watch. The size I am working on in illustrator is 640X640. But I have been reading that 1280X1280 most people are working at.

The Dim I was having major trouble with. I couldnt figure out why it was showing on top of the active. But then it hit me. I forgot that it runs like Illustrator and it layer pallet is the same. I also went to Waldhoff, and looked at their dim. once I opened it up I figured it out.

Ok for the dim I will remove the Second hand, wasn’t sure how that worked. Should I also remove the Days, and days hand, and the tics to and make the dim a basic face just the hands and the bars?

Thank you for your critique and suggestions, Any more info you could pass on would be great. if you like to see the other two watches i am working on. I am using instagram and my Name is RMG Sketchbook. The one on the bottom with the dial in the face will have a Turnbillion on the left side. I am trying to figure out the code for the gears, But I do think I wrote it down in my sketchbook.

Thank you again. hope to talk to you soon.