Looking for Copyright vs Trademark vs Patent Discussion

Very funny all those comments…

If you believe or not - Facer is a good partner, and they are hard working on every bug occuring. Most of them come from third party like tizen, wearOS, google fit and others… you only see your side of the coin…

3 Likes

In my experience, nothing is perfect. No system caters to all users perfectly and I’m not just referring to just the watch face design world. Each of us view our world through our own goals and tolerances. One person’s good enough is another person’s nightmare. Just like there isn’t just one smart watch. Some will swear by Apple computers others will stay with Windows forever.

Look at the earlier version of windows and the blue screen of death. Has windows improved since? Yes. Would Facer and other platforms improve over time. Yes. Are they perfect (depending on how one defines perfect)? Nope. Never will be. But does it work most of the time and good enough to be supported by people who support them? Likely. If not, then it dies of natural causes.

All I have been trying to do is figure out based on all your experiences what path best fits my personal target. Really appreciate all the opinions.

I don’t know how long Facer and other platforms been around, but my guess is that this is still early stages in the standard product life cycle.

1 Like

@ghsu.ca Very good and true words.

Nothing is perfect and everything is changing permanently… Things being famous once are forgotten in the future, replaced by something new. But this changes are neccessary to renew the world.

Is there a lot of duplication of work when working on different platforms? If one is interested in getting the same watch face design to work on multiple watch brands, is there a preferred platform to start with?
Or it doesn’t really matter where one starts (one of the 3 mentioned above), there are just things I would have to rebuild to migrate the face over?

I would guess that the images developed on photoshop would not need to be redeveloped but how the face operates is specific to the platform.