Maximum number of layers

I created a watch face with 60 different layers per hour. It worked well on my Mac but did not on my Samsung mobile and not on my Huawei watch.
Is there a limitation for the number of layers?

I don’t know of any limitations like this on Facer side, but probably each watch model has its own number of operations it can handle at ones, and even if a layer is hidden at the moment it is still present.

All tho some info on typical number of layers or math operations a single watch can handle would be great

And the higher amount of layers, formulas, it will make the design “heavier” for the watches to operate, aka will make the animations slower…

1 Like

Hate to revive an old thread, but it’s relevent. Just did a face with 325 layers, about 80% of layers with a plethora of expressions. I don’t think there is a limit.

5 Likes

Oh wow! I can imagine the work that went into that!
You have definitely mastered that flip watch (sorry, forgot mention you in another thread…), I do not think I’ll give it a go…

My record is at 257:

5 Likes

Puts my max of 145 to shame :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Ha Ha 7 years Later . Some Topics will run forever .
Yes . I thought 90 later animation was Going some . Sadly the liklihood of being a Partner is inversely proprtooins to the amount of work that is put into the Makers watches . But if you want an education These guys are the Masters . Surprises me when people ask how things are done . Here at the University of Watchface Making there are a few . Hats Off :::)))

3 Likes