Moon Phase formula - updated

No it is as simple as Pie . In the case of rotating the two moons you place the formula in the Rotational Field of the layer the image is in .
I could easily Post my Test and you could just copy it all . The Spirit of the community is to offer help but not do the job for the Maker . Your learning curve will be served better by you doing most yourself.

3 Likes

Thank you.
I didn’t know that the face of the moon that we see rotates, I thought we saw the Man in the Moon and then there was the dark side. So, your formula will solve a problem I hadn’t realised I would encounter.
I am guessing that I need to pre-rotate the moon image I use before inserting it (based on the view displayed on a website such as moonphases.co.uk) so it will then track correctly?
But my original question was regarding the discrepancy between the actual phase on my watch and the phase shown on the website. Yesterday, according to the website, we were still in waxing crescent but my watch was displaying first quarter. I have run the time machine forward and it appears to be a day ahead throughout the cycle? Is this something that can be corrected?

1 Like

Because of the way the 8 image phase display works on Facer each is displayed for about 3.666 days per image . So it is going to show the image for the next phase at least a day early . On WFS they have the Full , New and Quarters for 1 day . That in a way is worse as the Waxing and Gibbous moons are shown for 6 days .
If you use the Rotating moon images you will see no jumps . Please inspect the work above to get an Understanding . Any of them can be put on your watch as well .
You must Realise by now the Facer Default Moon Layer is Completely different from The Examples above . Perhaps we need to start a Beginners Moon Phase Topic . Rather than Hijack this Topic which is Obviously Advanced .

1 Like