More realistic design!

Check out my new design completely done in illustrator! GRR - FASTER - Scuderia G255 - watch face for Apple Watch, Samsung Gear S3, Huawei Watch, and more - Facer

Wow that’s awesome, Guillermo. Fantastic white application to detail. I love that background mini-pyramid texture. I haven’t played around much with illustrator and have been married to PhotoShop for decades now. The “appropriate” use of white in this design is striking given sometimes unwanted brightness and battery drain - really nicely done. I posted a query a couple of weeks ago asking the designers for their favorite version of “white” but no one responded.

In the Samsung S3 design contest, I was honestly blown away by JC Dalisay’s highly realistic watchface “Muro” as one of the 5 finalists. A simple and textbook example of the minimalist style, I still can’t tell the difference between it being a digital image or a physical watch composed of actual metals and other materials. Take a good, hard look at it magnified on the aBlogtoWatch winners page. I still go back and stare at it.

I was recently blown away again by Jimmy Cheung’s “JC-Daylight” watchface which, again, is very difficult to tell the difference between it being a digital image or a physical watch composed of actual metals and other materials.

These watchfaces have refueled my drive for high realism which was really one of the contest attributes discussed by the judging panel.

congrats again Guillermo, you are a master of “white”

1 Like

Thanks for all the compliments John! I have followed your work and those of Jimmy and are a source of inspiration for my designs, as you said “MUNO” was the design that made a click in my head and completely changed my look of the design that I can achieve if I work every detail of the face In depth to achieve it as real as possible!

And my favorite WHITE is #F1F2F2!

SSHHHH! This face is not live yet, but I’ll give you an advance!

1 Like

Loving the depth and perspective, agree with all the comments in the thread above, I’m buying this one!

1 Like

Thank you so much for your comment. :relaxed: Honestly, I changed my watch face style after I saw MURO. He did a great example of realistic style watchface.

1 Like