[FIXED] Tizen 4.0.0.4 iOS Sync Issue Support Post

We are a little bit stuffed :frowning2:

Another thing. When it used to work. In the Facer app on phone. When I reset the connection I’d scan the QR code and it would disappear. When it isn’t working the QR code remains on screen after a scan.

Don’t know if that helps with the root cause analysis :frowning:

I thought facer were coming up with a temp way around all of this boot, reboot, Bluetooth on Bluetooth off, WiFi on WiFi off, open one app first then the other, stand on one leg, fingers in ears and pray to the gods palaces :frowning: this is such an awesome app with the best watch faces but it’s useless to me at the moment :frowning: x

1 Like

same as that buddy. Marcus promised a workaround and then fell off teh face of the earth and the rest of the team are AWOL :’(

1 Like

That Samsung fix was not the fix for this.

Hi @dave6 and everyone!

We’re not AWOL :wink: we just want to make sure we have new valuable information before jumping back into this thread. As of today, the situation is the following:

• The issue is definitely related to Tizen 4.0.0.4 which breaks a key component of the communication layer with the watch. It is not a bug in Facer itself.
  • We’ve made Samsung aware of the issue and their engineering team is looking into it. Unfortunately, as you can imagine, fixing firmware issues is not immediate and requires very thorough testing on their side. We can’t comment on an ETA on that front as it’s 100% managed by Samsung.
  • We have implemented a workaround for the issue which will make syncing faces possible despite that firmware issue in Tizen 4.0.0.4. This workaround is available in a new version of Facer that we submitted to Samsung last week. Any app update needs to go through a review and approval process by Samsung, which can sometimes take a while. Again, our hands are tied here as we don’t manage the approvals, but we’re hoping it is imminent (i.e. this week).

@hico: regarding the firmware update you received which fixed the issue, that sounds like excellent news! Can you confirm that you are on iPhone and that you had the issue before this firmware update? Can you also share which watch you are using?

2 Likes

thank you for getting back to us, just hearing you even when no good news is assuring.

So, great news that you submitted something to Samsung for review. this seems to of worked for 1 out of 3 of us though so not sure if this is indeed the update for the issue we re seeing mate :frowning:

When will the new facer app be availble on the apple store?

So im on iOS 12.3.1 with iPhone SE & Samsung Galaxy watch.

@dustin.wood

Dude, has this fixed it for you?

SWEET!! will be flying back today and once home will update too! can’t wait to start making more faces again.

Good luck with that :smile:

Hi @Facer_Official

Can I just confirm that Samsung update aside, your new Facer version that definitely resolves this pending approval will still be rolled out. A Samsung update that was to fix the Samsung health bug won’t change that will it.

Yes, the Facer update will roll out regardless of the Samsung firmware update.

2 Likes

Great thanks👍

Samsung Galaxy Watch 42 mm, BT version with iPhone 7 iOS 12.
Before the small Update it was not posible for me to get the faces sync. After this new small Update it was today posible to sync my favoit face to the watch.
I have to try 3 o 4 times but y get it in the watch. Its running perfect for me

1 Like

Hi,

Samsung watch 46 purchased purchased 2 weeks ago. Been trying Facer app for a week but still not able to sync watch faces. I reinstalled facer on watch and phone and still no luck. the daily mix works no problem but not the sync from phone… Will wait to see if the Facer update can fix it when released.

1 Like

Apparently I might be the only one who has managed to syncronize watch faces.
Although I have to say that I have only sync one (I use only this).
Again: SM-R810, ONE UI: 1.0, 4.0.0.4, R810XXU1CSE1 and the smal (11 MB) Update from today.
Before the 11 MB Update y failed at the syncro like everyone.

Same here, keeping everything crossed x

didnt fix anything for me

also didnt notice an update