Online Catalog Finally Finished! http://morga.io

Hey everyone,
It seems I’ve been working on this long-winded project forever but it’s finally done - an Online Storefront for my designs.

http://morga.io

I built it to have better control over which faces I wanted to appear first (like the brand new ones). I also wanted to create sub-pages for my few “collections” so those faces were all together.

This is a typical bootstrap framework (mostly HTML, CSS, etc). As with loading a bunch of watchface JPGs, I’m using a JQuery preloader lib which should load as you scroll down (at least that’s how it works in Chrome). However, I dumped the Superfish menu for just some basic CSS styling for the top menu.

I don’t own many devices. Can anyone test the site on an iPhone or an iPad? or maybe an iPad mini? Safari? etc.

Also, can you turn the device sideways? The site is a responsive design and is supposed to scale and juggle JPGs around for screen size changes and shifts from portrait to landscape.

Can you post the results here please? I don’t really trust java to behave the same on everything. I tried to code as generic as possible but I don’t know how it comes out.

Thanks much!
John

6 Likes

Looks super cool, John! Well done!
We’re working on additional features for our embed widgets at @GRR’s request, including different modes to allow you to choose if you want them to be interactive or static. Loading dozens of interactive widgets on a single page like you and GRR are doing is a great way to start a :fire: on your computer.

If there’s anything else we can do to help you guys market your own faces, let us know!

1 Like

Thanks @Facer_Official! The load-as-you-scroll for the widgets does grab a lot of bandwidth but I like the don’t-interact-until-hover events. I noticed my pre-loader is super busy even just for static JPGs. I wanted the images to be pretty crisp so they are maybe like 220K - 270K each?

I suppose my next tweak (like Rolex.com) is to open the site with a landing page that only loads my very favorites, or highest sellers, or only the very newest… something that limits the view to only 12-15 watch faces (Rolex goes 15) so the “home” page loads quick. Then let visitors see all of my other offerings through the navigation.

I probably have less than a third of the total designs that @GRR has built, or even @TAC2TAC, @hayden, @eradicator09, and especially @patdude. But still, choosing the “home page finalists” is not an easy thing and I have to think about that for a while.

Thanks!
John

1 Like

@jmorga106, belated Happy New Year, great job :thumbsup:

1 Like

Hi when this feature will be available ?
It is complicate to add all watches manually or using frames.
The better way should be to embed in the page all watches as displayed on profile page but without header and bottom ‘or maybe juste Facer logo.;;

Is it possible for you ?
Have you got an embed code ?

1 Like

very cool sir

1 Like

New modes for the embed widget for watch faces should roll out today.

Regarding having an embed for the whole profile, I think that’d likely result in some non-ideal integrations and is probably something we’d stay away from. Maybe having the ability to have your own url on Facer be sufficient? This is already something we offer to premium designers and could roll out more broadly. See MVMT - watch faces for Apple Watch, Samsung Gear S3, Huawei Watch, and more - Facer

1 Like

Looks nice but can not be embed in a web site.
My expectations were more to be able to embed only the watches part (from watch face number without header).
After i’m Not premium désigne (i’d Like) but not enough sync.

1 Like

Good look @jmorga106 ! And @Facer_Official I look forward to that new way of embed widgets!

1 Like

Slight delay but shooting for this going live on Thursday!

2 Likes

They are ready now? Where can I see how to do it?

1 Like

@GRR @jmorga106 - yes! the updated embeds are now available. You can see the documentation here but the gist of it is that you can now add an autorun=false to the URL and you will have a static embed that will load much faster than running the interactive watch face.

1 Like

Hi, @Facer_Official I’ve tried this, but I can not make it work!
Would you tell me if someone tried it and it worked?
I leave the link of my website … so you can see!

www.grr.watch

1 Like

Hey @GRR! That was totally our bad. The deployment for that update was incomplete. We just fixed it and I validated that it’s reflected properly on your website too. Hope that helps!

2 Likes

Now it works! excellent and thank you for listening to every request we make premium designers!

1 Like

Nice work, John. It even rotates on my YOGA Pro. :+1:

1 Like

excellent! thanks for the feedback @Linlay

2 Likes

John,
This looks great. Per your request, I tested on an iPhone and iPad. Tapping on a face opens the face in the Facer IOS app. Unfortunately, there’s no way to pay for faces on the IOS devices and tapping the purchase/install button displays the message “Not available on IOS.”
There are a number of faces that I’d be willing to pay for, but sadly that doesn’t work with the IOS environment as far as I can tell.

Regarding the rotation question on IOS, the standard portrait orientation shows one column of faces that can be scrolled vertically. Landscape orientation works to show two columns of faces that can also be scrolled.

Richard

1 Like

@richpdcomm,
Great! Thanks so much for the feed back!

John

1 Like