[WatchFace] Over the Hills (Animated) by Mircea Marin

This is my first attempt at a face. I spent some good hours coming up with the design and figuring out the math. The sun and moon move across the sky (ahem, screen) based on the sunrise and sunset hours and the scenery also changes based on the day / night cycle.
I hope you’ll like this and if you have any comments or ideas for improvement, I’m open for constructive criticism.
Enjoy!

5 Likes

I really like it!

Instead of stacking the digits, how about aligning them horizontally to afford more screen space for the sky?

that’s cool @msm030,

just check the sunrises (plural). I ran the watch widget in high-speed mode to pass through a few days. The Sun makes its normal pass (today) then the moon makes its pass (tonight). Then after that only the moon continues to rise and set in the later half of the day, the sun doesn’t come back.

I don’t know if that’s the time engine in the widget or some other issue.

Thanks,
John

I saw the same thing. It’s the time widget probably getting the data from open weather on sunrise and set. There is only one set of values for the current day, so multi-day testing is unavailable for this feature.

Thanks for clarifying this, @eradicator09 . @jmorga106, I can confirm that it works well on the watch :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi all, added a new update. Moved the text info around a bit and added weather conditions to the mountains. Let me know what you think :wink:

Love your watch, plus this concept can make an amazing piece of learning! Thank you!