Overlooked new design

I’ve never posted any of my watch face creations before. I have over 600 designs (Warren Silberstein - watch faces for Apple Watch, Samsung Gear S3, Huawei Watch, and more - Facer), mostly derived from images I’ve found on the Internet. Lots of designs guaranteed to be popular with kids including ones requested by my grandchildren. I have fancy watch faces, fun watch faces, and lots of Roman numerals. I’ve been adding the date to faces that have the space. I haven’t worked with other complications and don’t have any idea how to do complicated stuff with equations.
My most popular watch face is
Warren Silberstein - Ornate Gold - watch face for Apple Watch, Samsung Gear S3, Huawei Watch, and more - Facer
I am sometimes surprised by which of my creations get multiple syncs right away and which ones get ignored. That’s why I decided to share
Warren Silberstein - Gold, Pearl, & Diamonds - watch face for Apple Watch, Samsung Gear S3, Huawei Watch, and more - Facer
I think it’s beautiful, but so far it’s gone unnoticed.

1 Like

Hello @wsilbers, I see that you have been around the forums a time or two but welcome to the design showcase! I can see why your first face did well. They are both lovely designs but if I had to take a guess as to why the second one may have been over looked, I’d say there is a little lack of contrast between the gold and the background. For me that’s a little of a deal breaker if the numbers or tick marks are a bit difficult to see. Would you be up to a few suggestions to maybe spruce it up a bit?
~Orakix

I’m always open to suggestions and requests. If I really like my design and get requests, I just make a copy to do the changes and keep both versions.

Hello,
I agree that more contrast is needed. Perhaps you could add some 3-D effects to the metallic elements to make them stand out more. I like the background, but it’s difficult to tell that the stones are diamonds. I’m not sure how to fix those other than to remove the “diamonds” and move the numbers closer to the center.

Unfortunately, I don’t really know how to make 3 D effects. I hope this is an improvement.

What an impressive collection. :thumbsup:
My children like a few watch faces about fairy-tale themes.

Ornate Gold is beautyfulllll :heart:

I’m sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you about the suggestions. I have a 3 month old baby at home so sometimes I get more time to be on here and sometimes not. I like the diamonds but they look a bit washed out with the background since they are both light in color. I would make a beveled edge around the diamonds to make them look like they are inlaid into the background and maybe have some metal prongs holding them like real jewlery. I understand that you dont know how to do a lot with 3d but we’re more than happy to help you out with that if we know what program/s you like to use. Also if that’s just to much a simple shadow can make a huge difference in adding contrast and separation between the diamonds and background. You can do this very easily in the creator itself worst case scenario.

1 Like

I know most designers use Photoshop. I don’t have it. I use Corel Photoimpact X3.
I understand and appreciate your time issues. Between working on watch faces I’m a pediatrician, grandfather and babysitter to 7 year old quadruplets, and currently baking cookies for my son’s 40th birthday bash.
I appreciate all suggestions but wonder if I’m not seeing these problems because things look sharp and colorful on my Samsung Gear S3. I’m wondering what watches folks have and if things look very different on different watches. I check every watch face on my watch before publishing.

How’s this for making the diamonds stand out more.

The last time I tried baking cookies while working on a watch face I set the smoke alarm off.
I think it’s hard to get jewels to appear real on faces, unless you have a really good image to start with. It might not be worth spending more hours on this one if you can’t get it to look right. Try posting your updated version and see how it goes. I usually delete mine if they have under 10 syncs within a reasonable amount of time.

If you wanted to be super fancy, you could add extra layers for diamond “shine” that update based on accelerometer levels.

1 Like