[Question] Change Size of Just One Character

Is there a way to change the size of just the first letter of a word in the date? Day and month need to be larger uppercase.
I don’t want to spend too much time (hours of math) on my Back To School Collection, but the teachers seem to like these.

The easiest way to do so would be:

DAY
First layer:
Text: #DES# (First letter of the day of the week)
Size: Double whatever the other text is (IE: Whatever you want it to be)

Second layer:
$#DOW#=2?uesday:$$#DOW#=3?ednesday:$$#DOW#=4?hursday:$$#DOW#=5?riday:$$#DOW#=6?aturday:$$#DOW#=0?unday:$$#DOW#=1?onday:$

You’ll want to place them accordingly, testing if your chosen font varies in width. If so, use the alignment values to maximize placement, or use a monospaced/proportional font.

MONTH
First layer:
$#DM#=1?J:$$#DM#=2?F:$$#DM#=3?M:$$#DM#=4?A:$$#DM#=5?M:$$#DM#=6?J:$$#DM#=7?J:$$#DM#=8?:A$$#DM#=9?S:$$#DM#=10?O:$$#DM#=11?N:$$#DM#=12?D:$

Second layer:
$#DM#=1?anuary:$$#DM#=2?ebruary:$$#DM#=3?arch:$$#DM#=4?pril:$$#DM#=5?ay:$$#DM#=6?une:$$#DM#=7?uly:$$#DM#=8?ugust:$$#DM#=9?eptember:$$#DM#=10?ctober:$$#DM#=11?ovember:$$#DM#=12?ecember:$

I recommend making layer 1 (for both) right aligned and the second layers (for both) left aligned.

3 Likes

Great expresion solution! Better than use a white rectangle to cover fisrt letter to place the bigger one above (mine first thought) :scream:
I think the issue will be the placement of the 2 layers of the month after the “,” because the diference of lenght between de days names.:grimacing:

1 Like

THANK YOU!:sunglasses:

I’ll admit, it was my first thought as well :smiley: I tried it and saw the text move all over (i wasn’t using monospaced font either)

Then I had a layer for each month (I try not to use nested if…then just cause it’s a lot of text to debug if you make a typo (which I did :P)

Just tried it. I got all but the uppercase A in August. I can experiment with font and alignment once I get that first layer right. I probably copied something incorrectly. I’ll play with it when I have more time. Thanks, guys. :slight_smile:

Yeah August was wrong… i updated the code.

It should be good now.

The new code for that layer didn’t work for me. I may end up going with numerical for month/year. Thank you for the help, though.

Weird.

Double check your code and see if it matches this…

(First four layers)

That link gives me a 404 error. I don’t want to take up your time. I’ll set that design aside and figure it out at a later date.