Removed AM/PM Display on 24 hour

Hi guys,
I’m trying to add additional settings to my watchface as it has been proving very popular.

I want to be able to have both a 12 hour and 24 hour user preference.
On the 24 hour preference I want to completely removed the am/pm tag as it is not needed.

I’ve looked and looked but have found no optimal solution to this problem and I’m wondering could anyone help me with this issue?

Is there away to pull the users inputted preference and use that in a function to hide the am/pm tag?

Any help would be greatly appreaciated.

1 Like

Well, short answer, we still can’t know what time format the user chose. We already ask a tag that returns that info, so I wish soon enough it will be available. Theres workarounds to inform what part of the day is without using am pm even the user chose 12hs format,for example day/night icon (you have sunset and sunrise info in the tags). Another option is greetings text (good morning, afternoon etc)
Greetings

1 Like

agreed, this would be really helpful.

Well, for the morning evening, you can just use the #DH# tag to know morning, afternoon, and evening. For such greetings, you can set the transparency an elements for each applicable period… sadly we can’t nest “Ifs” just yet:

• Morning: $#DH#<12?100:0$
  • Afternoon: $#DH#>11&&#DH#<18?100:0$
  • Evening: $#DH#>18?100:0$

But I still agree we need something to indicate the user’s chosen hour format is… For the hours of 1pm (1300) through 12:59am (0059), it is easy: $#Db#<>#DH#?<user selected 12-hour>:<user selected 24-hour>$, but from 1am (0100) through 11:59am (1159), there’s no way to tell what the user selection is…

Hi all,

A new tag solving this use-case will be available very shortly. Thanks for your patience!

3 Likes

2 Likes

HI, i interessed at this discussion, wich tag use? i dont find it

@mikeoday shared this with me on another post. To hide am/pm in 24 hour mode use “$#DTIMEFORMAT#==12?100:0$” in the opacity box.

2 Likes