Showing several days ahead of current date

I want to make a watch face that will display 5 dates: the current date, and the following 4 days. Therefore, I need to add 1, 2, 3, and 4 to current dates.

I know that this:

$(#Dd#+1)>#DIM#?1:(#Dd#+1)$

would add 1 to date and take care of end of month to beginning of next month, but it only changes the day, not the month. In other words, how can 6/30 go to 7/1? I don’t just want the 30 to go to 1. I wanted the months to follow suit as well.

Also, I was if today were 6/29, I would want the following dates displayed on watch

6/29, 6/30, 7/1, 7/2, 7/3

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I am new to learning this coding thing, but catch on quick.

These two threads should help:

Here’s how you’d do it:
If today is 6/11/19:

$(#Dd#+1)<=#DIM#?(#DM#)~(#Dd#+1):(#DM#+1)~(#Dd#+1-#DIM#)$
RESULTS IN: 6~12
$(#Dd#+2)<=#DIM#?(#DM#)~(#Dd#+2):(#DM#+1)~(#Dd#+2-#DIM#)$
RESULTS IN: 6~13
$(#Dd#+3)<=#DIM#?(#DM#)~(#Dd#+3):(#DM#+1)~(#Dd#+3-#DIM#)$
RESULTS IN: 6~14
$(#Dd#+4)<=#DIM#?(#DM#)~(#Dd#+4):(#DM#+1)~(#Dd#+4-#DIM#)$
RESULTS IN: 6~15
$(#Dd#+5)<=#DIM#?(#DM#)~(#Dd#+5):(#DM#+1)~(#Dd#+5-#DIM#)$
RESULTS IN: 6~16

If today is 6/26/19:

$(#Dd#+1)<=#DIM#?(#DM#)~(#Dd#+1):(#DM#+1)~(#Dd#+1-#DIM#)$
RESULTS IN: 6~27
$(#Dd#+2)<=#DIM#?(#DM#)~(#Dd#+2):(#DM#+1)~(#Dd#+2-#DIM#)$
RESULTS IN: 6~28
$(#Dd#+3)<=#DIM#?(#DM#)~(#Dd#+3):(#DM#+1)~(#Dd#+3-#DIM#)$
RESULTS IN: 6~29
$(#Dd#+4)<=#DIM#?(#DM#)~(#Dd#+4):(#DM#+1)~(#Dd#+4-#DIM#)$
RESULTS IN: 6~30
$(#Dd#+5)<=#DIM#?(#DM#)~(#Dd#+5):(#DM#+1)~(#Dd#+5-#DIM#)$
RESULTS IN: 7~1

Thanks to @andrew.dowden for the formula.

2 Likes

OK. thanks. My issue was that I was trying to do nested conditions, meaning, I was trying to create conditions within conditions (old C++ programing trick); but it looks like we just need to list all the conditional statements out separately, within one tag box. Thanks. I have learned a lot here.

Yeah, nested conditions are kinda tricky with Facer.

You can sort of do it as long as it doesn’t require two calculations.

So, something like this can be used for days of the week:
$#DOW#=0?Sun:$$#DOW#=1?Mon:$$#DOW#=2?Tue:$$#DOW#=3?Wed:$$#DOW#=4?Thu:$$#DOW#=5?Fri:$$#DOW#=6?Sat:$

TRANSLATED loosely:
If Day of the Week (indicator) is 0, the day is Sun else, If Day of the Week (indicator) is 1, the day is Mon, etc.

But you can’t check if the DOW >3 AND DM > 7 or something like that. Cascading checks, etc.

Hopefully that makes sense!

1 Like

AHHHHHHHH…my issue was that I was not using the double dollar sign ($$) for nested conditions, it all makes sense now. Thanks. I think listing individual conditional statements is easier and looks “cleaner”, but I am glad to know the nested ones work here as well.

1 Like