Smooth Seconds Not Working on Huawei Watch

Hey all! can you share some of the faces that have performance issues on the Huawei here? We’ll look into it!

BCW Premium - BOXMAN Late Edition - watch face for Apple Watch, Samsung Gear S3, Huawei Watch, and more - Facer for example

Thanks! We’ll do a bit of profiling and get back to you!

Take your pick of any face you have in app. None function on the Huawei watch regardless of what tag is used.

1 Like

Any face with a sweeping second hand or any other type of “smooth” movement work great in the preview on my phone. It only ticks on my Huawei watch

Anything new on this one? Doesn’t seem to matter if “Animation” is checked or not.

Even after Wear 2.0 and the big Facer update nothing changed. Anything new?

nope same deal :confused:

John

Hi all,

We’re looking into performance updates this week - can you share what exact model of the Huawei Watch you are seeing this on?

I’m on the 3695 model here

John

Hi @Facer_Official, I have the Huawei Watch 2176.

The Smooth Seconds tag #DWFSS# isn’t working in Dim mode
for my Iridescent and Lion of Nemeia watch faces.

LOL, This still hasn’t been fixed?

Yeah… dimmed second hand still broken on my analog watch faces.

I mean on wake and on watch. Never mind dim lol. None of the seconds conditionals worked on the Huawei watch.

Works on wake and on watch on my Huawei…

Original Huawei or the 2nd gen?

As mentioned above…

Thanks. I’ll check on mine and see. Surprised that with this being a known issue from the staff for over a year that they didn’t respond to say it was corrected.

Are you sure seconds on dim should work? Android Wear watches only update once every minute on ambient as per Google guidelines. Only the Gear S3 can have seconds hands on ambient and even then Samsung only allows 1st party developers to do it.

I don’t think that tag works on dim mode? too power intensive. Same way animations and the weather icon don’t.