Take two - Premium Designer

@syntaxracing @Linlay It’s interesting that they don’t have an ‘opt in’ feature - I think there would be people willing to pay to use premium features in their designs… Could act as a test run to see who’s worthy of becoming a true premium member that can charge money for their faces. I guess it would take some of the cache away from the premium faces though…

2 Likes

I’d rather see Facer charge people who post an excess number of free low quality faces that flood the site. A large % of junk and a tiny % of quality doesn’t enhance the site’s reputation in a positive way.

3 Likes

That’s definitely true. I think ‘quality’ is probably too subjective to monitor, but a screening process to weed out brand ripoffs and extremely low res images couldn’t hurt. A suggestion has been that people could make as many private designs as they like, but could need to prove themselves to get published. My only problem with that approach is that we could block people’s initial creativity and the fun of other people wearing their designs. It’d be horrible if it ended up with everyone just publishing variations on the same faces that are known to be successful! Not everyone on Facer is striving for premium, but everyone deserves to have some fun :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Whay cant install facer companion :disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

Facer has definitely been having issues over the last few days, the companion app is there for me so I can’t help out much sorry!

1 Like

That would be AMAZING! Or an interactive one!

3 Likes

#ApproveRoycarusoPremium!
He is more than deserving of becoming a premium designer. The variety in his faces is so much fun, and he consistently makes quality faces! Good luck @roycaruso!!!

3 Likes

Thanks so much for the support @richgrayson92!

3 Likes

Any time! :slight_smile: I love this collection btw:

2 Likes

I was thinking an interactive one would be cool too! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks! Glad it was worth the effort!

2 Likes

As an aside, is it just me or has @Facer_Official been responding to queries less over the last 1 or 2 weeks? They used to be ultra responsive but I’ve noticed a few unanswered posts here in the community…Could it be linked to the technical issues they’ve been having?

3 Likes

Hmm I have noticed that actually now that you mention it… I’m sure they’re just super busy organising awesome things moving forward :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Im rooting for you !!! Hope you make it this time.

4 Likes

Thanks @selia67! :slight_smile: I really appreciate it!

4 Likes

I just saw @cth4242 and @Tomas comments in this thread:

Huge congrats on the top 100 showing - Saw that you had all 4 of the top spots at one stage (and still have 4 in the top 10, including #1 and #3). Well done!! I’m sure @Facer_Official have noticed :wink:

4 Likes

Also, given that some of my favourite designers are here (@Mellin, @GAUSS, @selia67, @syntaxracing, @roycaruso, @Linlay), I’m wondering if you have any tips for someone like me who is just getting into the face making game? I’m particularly interested in making artistic designs (I’m a painter), but wouldn’t even be sure how to translate my art into a design…Looking forward to hearing from you!

4 Likes

Hi, @richgrayson92

It‘s not easy to help you because we don‘t know your abilities/experiences and your hard- and software equipment. If you paint by hand you should use a camera or scanner to digitalize your works and a graphic program like gimp, photoshop to work on your templates.

5 Likes

Hi @GAUSS, thanks for your reply! I have a little bit of experience with Photoshop, but am by no means an expert. I’ve never heard of gimp - I’ll be sure to have a look. I like the idea of scanning them in (rather than trying to reproduce them digitally from scratch). Otherwise I’ll have to invest in a good camera!

2 Likes

First starting out - such an exciting time! I think the suggestion by @GAUSS is the way to go. I personally mostly use Photoshop and the inbuilt Facer Creator assets. I hadn’t considered using something from my sketchbook… What kind of things do you paint? As well as the people you’ve mentioned, @pacingpoet has some fantastic artistic designs that could give you some ideas about how to implement water colour-style graphics

3 Likes