Take two - Premium Designer

I hope you will succeed in your intentions for all of us

2 Likes

Thanks @oregon900! I appreciate it :slight_smile: Iā€™ll keep you all posted if I hear anything :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I really like your ā€˜old timeā€™ watch face by the way!

2 Likes

Yes I have noticed that women seem to be less active here, I wonder why?

Cheeky! Well then I would like the one on the left more :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think itā€™s an accurate reflection of smart watch use. Most watches themselves seem to be designed for/marketed towards men. It is slowly shifting though!

Iā€™m wondering if women are a bit less active because they stay on the same face for longer then men. I know that because thereā€™s so many great faces out there to choose from that people pick new faces all the time. How often do you guys changes faces? How often do you ladies change faces? I know for me I always have a work in progress face on that Iā€™m testing and rarely wear something thatā€™s been finished and published.

Hmm thatā€™s a good point. I change my faces pretty regularly (I usually wear my most recent design, but it depends on contextā€¦I have ones for work, ones for going out with friends etc.). I wear other peopleā€™s designs to get my creative juices flowing as well. I have my 4 or 5 ā€˜go toā€™ designs though.

This discussion has wandered off topic, but Iā€™ll answer your question. The womenā€™s lack of activity here may be because there arenā€™t as many designs for women, and/or because women arenā€™t as inclined to actually create them with graphics applications. Therefore, they donā€™t hang around Facer Community. There has always been a smaller % of females in all my tech communities.

Sometimes I change faces 2 or 3 times a day. Other times Iā€™ll go for a week with the same face. For me itā€™s all about coordinating with what Iā€™m wearing and what type of information Iā€™ll need during the day. My local friends own fitness bands, but I know no one locally with a smart watch that can change faces. Online colleagues tried them for a while, but quit after their batteries ran out. I probably would not have one if I had not received my Moto as a gift. Now Iā€™m addicted. I dread the day when the battery needs to be replaced.

1 Like

Very interesting - I wonder if targeting designs towards certain types of events (formal, picnic, party etc.) might be a way to draw in female usersā€¦Iā€™m still new so havenā€™t quite identified my watch face wearing patterns just yet

And yes, to bring it back on topic a bit - Any word @roycaruso??? Itā€™s been 2 weeks, so I would think might have heard something? :slight_smile:

I think that would be a smart ideaā€¦I think @Linlay is also spot on with her insight

Yes! @roycaruso! Have you heard anything from @Facer_Official??? :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Been there. Done that. That limits the synchs because only a % of the ladies are attending events. All-around designs for whenever seem to do best. I do have a BTS design in drafts, however. Need to wait a month for publishing, though.

1 Like

At first I prolly changed mine a dozen times a day cause there are SO MANY GOOD ONES. Now I prolly go a couple days before changing. Or if something comes up Iā€™ll change it.

1 Like

@primapple @richgrayson92 No word yet unfortunatelyā€¦Iā€™m not sure how to interpret the silence, but Iā€™ll keep on Facing and keep my head up regardless :slight_smile:

2 Likes

ThatĀ“s the right decision. I know exactly how you feel about this and i decided to do it the same way. Things come to people that can wait. Do your stuff, have your fun.

Greetings,

Phantasico

2 Likes

Very true, thanks @GAUSS :slight_smile: I will admit that I am a little disappointed that I havenā€™t heard anything at all thoughā€¦What will be will be I guess!

1 Like

Iā€™m so happy! Today I got the email!!! Iā€™ve been contacted about becoming a premium designer!!! Thank you so much for the support @GAUSS, @Mellin, @Tomas, @selia67, @Linlay, @syntaxracing, @oregon900, @chadwgraves37 and everyone else in this thread and others! I appreciate the support :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :)!!!

6 Likes

And of course thank you to @Facer_Official and @ariel!!! :slight_smile:

1 Like