Timezone works in AOD but not in ON mode

Here’s the face in question.

https://www.facer.io/watchface/z8UYE8FiHO

You can only see the issue when you download it to your watch. It seems to work fine on the website and the phone app. I have a Gear S3 Frontier and it will read AM/EDT in AOD mode but the regular ON mode it shows up only as AM/

Any ideas as to why this would be happening? I’m using the #Dz# tag.

Thanks!

1 Like

Did anybody find a solution to this. i have the same exact issues with this tag on a galaxy watch 46mm. Dz operates in reverse of the seconds. the timezone exists in dim mode then goes away in awake mode

My Galaxy Active 2 does the same thing. I’ve always assumed that Samsung didn’t support the #Dz# tag, but then I don’t use always on. It does seem quite odd. I always write my faces so faces on Samsungs doesn’t look weird without it showing in 24 hour mode. BTW I always show AM/PM in 12 hour mode. Hey @Facer_Official do you have any insight on why the time zone tag #Dz# only works on Samsung watches in AOD dim mode?

To add. today I tested other “non” facer watchfaces/platforms, and the “get current time zone” tags work just fine on my samsung watches. stays on in all active and dim modes. so its a bug in the facer codebase, not samsung. I realy need this function to get the best use of any facer watchface. I stop through several time zones in the same day, so feature us critcal for me and others that do the same.

@LCommo can you send us a bug report at facer-support@little-labs.com with an an example of the issue you are seeing? We can investigate and create an internal bug if we confirm it (which I imagine we will if you have tested it yourself!)

1 Like

@Facer_Official I also sent in a bug report on this including pictures of active and dim modes. Ticket #64752

3 Likes

Thanks @mrantisocialguy for submitting this bug :slight_smile:

1 Like

Did you ever get a response on this issue? I am coming up with the same issue.

1 Like

No response, and I doubt if we ever will now that Samsung has embraced WearOS again.

1 Like

I have thought about this as a work-around
$(#DH#-#DUH#)=-(5)?EST:nope$
Obviously having to add more to the conditional, but you get the drift.
Your thoughts on that one?

1 Like

nope. still same issues as original bug. will try @Zieneth work-around above see if can get it to work on my galaxy watch 46mm.

I noticed that on a MAG @mrantisocialguy Face as it was the first I could see the Display Clearly enough . I just assumed it is a Quirk of the Samsung Active . Thanks for posting that code @Zieneth . I will be testing that Immediately . I would love to be able to do Time zone stuff . :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

does that code/tag work? does EST remain on the display in the dim/sleep mode?

1 Like

Sorry, I meant as a text field. It is working on my Active 2 currently.

1 Like

@Zieneth . I get a little confused with #DUH# Being so near the Meridian . So #DH#-#DUH# here is the Day Light saving . So where you are it is -5 ?
I can not find tags in the new Documents at the moment .
fortunately I have copied them already .

2 Likes

EST, New York to Detroit, US
They did change the website also, I believe yesterday?
I hade to redo my saved links.
https://help.facercreator.io/hc/en-us/articles/4412565593755-Tags

2 Likes

So #DUH# is GMT . So al those Poor Airline Pilots are working to a few different times .
Thanks for the Tags Link . They hid it in " Advanced " .

2 Likes

Ha ha, not to mention the difference due to relativity :slight_smile:

1 Like

See now I understand that . :face_with_monocle:

One of my many studies in college was Relativity theory. Apparently when atomic clocks on airplanes are in use for long periods of time, they are off (by if I remember correctly, nanoseconds) due to relativity. Another dumb joke lol. I don’t get out much.

1 Like