Unable to create QR code

@joellebernon
Did it use to work and then stopped working? In other words you were able to get the QR code in the past, and then syncing stopped working, and you were not able to generate the QR code to try and reconnect after that?

I have to change my phone I had a iphone 4 and with it and the old version of wearsOs 3.9 and Facer 4.8 no problem I had the code right away.
now the new oneā€¦ wearsOs 3.9 and facer 5.0 not working !

I was thinking they claim 18h battery life on the S2. Maybe battery capacity is greatly diminished since you have a used one. I only get maybe 10h on my Huawei.Any idea if the S2 SM-R570 is any good! Itā€™s the one with the curved rectangular display. I donā€™t know what they subbed for the rotating bezel. Are you saying the Apple Watch wonā€™t do active watch faces, only pictures?

Sm-570 is beautiful butā€¦ they havenā€™t updated it. Its not compatible with any iphones if you have a iPhone download the watch app. There are a few but you are limited to the couple they have toy story animated. if you like but thats about it. Facer works but you can only pick a pix no animations. Your choice is time and one other item you pick. So it is totally limited . Thats why i have done so much reasearch in the wear os and tizen watches. Facer is awesome on them but you give up texting phone calls and the battery life blows. The new galaxy watch is awesone but you lose so much with iphone just no worth the expence. I wish Facer would make a deal with Apple so we iphone users could take advantage of the amazing animations that comes with tizen or wear os. Hope this helps.

From 100 percent on my gear s2 connect to my iphone xs today i got 4 and half hours with wifi off network off and dimmed down to 4 so its just not worth it sighā€¦and it was brand newā€¦

Not good. Sorry to hear that. Such a short battery life is totally unacceptable and really unuseable. I suspect Facerā€™s problem using the Wear platform and an IPhone is a lot more prevalent than they want to admit. It would be interesting to know if anyone has gotten it to work with a fresh install. We would probably discover there are far fewer success than failures. Iā€™ve given up trying on mine and am looking into finding a used series 3 watch for a good price.

I reset multiple times also. I like my apple watch just frustrated by limited watch face choices. I have series 1 watch and it works great. Little difference from 1-3 and got it for 100.00 on ebay. Good luck in your search

Looks like the bang for the buck might be the series 3 with cellular since it has 16gb instead of 8gb of memory. Hopefully can get a decent one for about $150 on Ebay. Are there a lot of faces available for apple watches on Facer?

Still doesnā€™t work with the last update of facer on my side.

1 Like

Yea but like i said its just a picture. So you can google wallpaper images and have countless pixs. Heres a pix of min you can only have this and any photo

I thought they actually have dynamic faces with sweep second hand, etc. Does facer (if working) provide the same variety of faces they have for the android phones?

I havenā€™t seen anyone say that it is working. I canā€™t even get it to work with the older version of Wear on the phone before it updates.

Facer on iphone example the first is there app on iphone. As you see just a picture. You can with alot bs get a live photo but it barely works. Second pix is your watch app for apple and thats all you can do. No there is no dynamic with iwatch and facer. Hope this helpsā€¦

Apple does have a really cool mickey minnie and tot story faces annimated

Was able to get QR code previously on my IPhone X, now no luck no matter what I try since I upgraded to the XS Max. I wonder if anyoneā€™s Android or Tizen watch is working with an IPhone if they have recently installed or upgraded? This is a MAJOR problem!

My samsung gear s2 tizen with iphone xs works! But no other device does. Tried 4 wear os watches nothing. Facer there are TONS not working. Look at the repeat post. MAJOR ISSUE FACER

I have two Ticwatch E watches. One is connected to an iPhone 7, one to an iPhone 6. The one connected to the 7 will generate a QR code, although it didnā€™t at first. I gave up on the problem for a couple days and when I came back, it worked. The watch connected to the iPhone 6 gets the service unavailable error. Like the others, this is the only app I am having a problem with. You should find another way to sync devices, because I have read a lot of threads about this across the net, and a lot of people are having this problem.

A serious problem since it renders Facer unuseable with the iphone / Android wear platform combo other than randomly loaded faces. Iā€™m not sure how you can sync it otherwise not being able to get past the QR code step. Iā€™m also not sure of what explanation is if it working with one iPhone but not the other and working when re-tried later. Maybe there is a bug on the Facer server where the code is generated.

@ggulick this is interesting! For both watches (the one that works and the one that doesnā€™t), can you let us know:

• What version of Facer is installed on the watch (howto)
  • What version of WearOS is on the watch (howto)
  • What version of Google Play Services is installed on your watch (howto)
  • What version of iOS is running on the phone connected to it (howto)
  • If your watch is connected to the internet directly via wifi, or via bluetooth through your phone

Thanks for your help! This issue seems to be related to an update from Google or iOS and weā€™re trying to identify the exact conditions in which it happens vs. not.

It wasnā€™t me, it was another individual contacting me that said it worked on one iPhone and not the other. It seems that the software is very flaky if it is that tickey. Iā€™m getting the impression that problems getting Facer to work are very widespread.In my case the software on both the iPhone and watch are the latest versions available to the public. I also tried getting it to work before letting it update, and it still didnā€™t work.