[WatchFace] Apollo 11 - Chronograph - Published :)

This Aviator/Pilot style chronograph commemorates the 50th anniversary of the first landing on the moon by Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin on July 20, 1969, with Michael Collins in the Apollo 11 command module. Pride of place in the centre of the watch is a view of the moon through a reconstruction of the command module’s Crew Optical Alignment Sights (COAS).

In 1969 this was a key tool for confirming correct navigation. On this watch the COAS shows the moon as it changes phase during the month and the outer progress bar indicates the degree of illumination. Press the image of the Moon to unlock the user customisations.

Available now!

:slight_smile:

8 Likes

Very cool!!

1 Like

Very Nice, and themed!

1 Like

Thanks @GAUSS and @cdownie1967, much appreciated!

1 Like

Superb!

1 Like

Thanks!

Now published!

:slight_smile:

3 Likes

I reallly love this piece. The more I look at it the more it reflects back your skill and attention to detail. I particularly like the texture your using of late and the apparent softness on the layer edges. The hands are superb and kudos for the backwards second hand arrow. The subtle and almost tattoo effect of your signature is a testament to the maker without stealing anything from the face itself. This is quality mate with no exceptions.

2 Likes

very nice design and functionality!:+1:

1 Like

Thank you @dave6 for your very kind words - they are much appreciated :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you very much!

@mikeoday, I’m gonna have piggyback on @dave6’s comments. The straightforward and uncluttered layout makes this piece highly noteworthy. I prefer watches that aren’t too noisy and this design is very much set to my liking. Since I have yet to convince myself to get a premium subscription, I cannot enjoy this face on my watch.

1 Like

Thank you very much! Of all my recent designs I think I am most pleased with this one. I was particularly pleased with how the red chronograph hands turned out!

Thanks again
Mike

1 Like

Always better, congratulations.

1 Like

Thank you very much!