[WatchFace] Aviator Mk.2

I have now completed my new design and published it with the name “Aviator Mk.2”.

Included displays are:

• Day of the week at top centre of the face;

• 24hr time ( in two windows either side of the day of the week window );

• Current month and date ( in two windows either side of the moon display );

• Battery charge ( “Fuel” - left small dial );

• Steps ( “Range” - right small dial );

• Metronome at top centre with a period of 2 seconds;

• Image of moon that changes to reflect the current phase of the moon; and

• a moon phase display consisting of a thin blue arc drawn around the moon window that changes length to indicate the phase of the moon ( full circle = full moon, half circle = 1st or 3rd quarter and blank = new moon )

Original thread continues from here …

Just a work in progress at this stage…

I have pretty much finished the dial. I have not yet decided on the hands.

The top windows ( left to right ) will show Hours, Day of the Week and Minutes

The modified arc window ( the one with the dots ) will show a 1/10 second hand that will take one second to move from one side to the other and another second to go back again. Sort of a metronome with period of 2 seconds :slight_smile:

The two small ovals at the bottom will show month and date.

The large bottom circle will show an image of the moon as it changes phase and there will be a thin circle that will rotate around the edge of the window to give the exact phase.

But, I have run out of steam at the moment and I can’t face putting it all together in FACER just yet :slight_smile: ; maybe later tonight or tomorrow …

10 Likes

Interesting design…I like the oval index markers that match the windows

May I suggest; rotate the two ovals on top to match the angle of the bottom ones (or vice versa), the other idea is: make the two ovals on top rectangular to match the top centre window so they would look like an extension of it

Just a thought

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestions. I tried rotating the bottom ovals - it did not work. I will try out changing the top ones and see how it looks.

Cheers
Mike

I really like this one already. I’m usually in the same boat that I typically decide on hands last.

1 Like

Thanks for that. I have been working on a set of new hans; trying to make them work with the new face - not really working out though. I will probably go with an older set for now and maybe release a variation with different hands down the line.

I have had that before where a set of hands just doesn’t work like I thought.

1 Like

Yes, frustrating :confounded:

I have spent most of the day on them and I think I will try them on the new face. Coming soon … :slight_smile:

I have now completed the design and I decided to go with the new hands; what do you think?

Oh, and I published it under the name "Aviator Mk.2

Included displays are:

• Day of the week at top centre of the face;

• 24hr time ( in two windows either side of the day of the week window );

• Current month and date ( in two windows either side of the moon display );

• Battery charge ( “Fuel” - left small dial );

• Steps ( “Range” - right small dial );

• Metronome at top centre with a period of 2 seconds;

• Image of moon that changes to reflect the current phase of the moon; and

• a moon phase display consisting of a thin blue arc drawn around the moon window that changes length to indicate the phase of the moon ( full circle = full moon, half circle = 1st or 3rd quarter and blank = new moon )

1 Like

Some detail …

2 Likes

I really like it. The hands work quite well actually. Well done!

1 Like

Thanks - I’m very pleased with the way it has turned out!

A minor update today …

The blue arc that indicates the phase of the moon has been increased in thickness to make it more visible and I also increased the size of the small white quarter markers for the same reason.

I also tweaked slightly the position of the arm pivots to better align them with the centre and I added shadows to the pivots to give them a bit more depth.

Thank you again for your advice. I tried various angles for the ovals and settled on 45 deg for the bottom pair and 30 deg for the top ones.

1 Like

It look amazing

And aligning the top two ovals with the day window looks better
:+1:

1 Like

Thank you and yes, I think the alignment is much better.

Cheers
Mike

I really like this design! Thank you for sharing it with us!

1 Like

This looks great! I’m really liking the hand shapes here, elegant and fitting.

1 Like

Thanks guys, I really appreciate the feedback :slight_smile:

I have watched this face struggle up the top 100 hill; it gets a grip, pulls itself up a couple of levels, gets stuck, slips a bit, start upwards again and then, just as the top can be seen through the clouds on Sunday night, if falls all the way to the bottom again. Twice now its fallen and now its struggling up again. I should have called the poor thing Sisyphus :wink:

I have just noticed that this one has been featured in the “New & Hot” section of the phone app - that should help with getting to the top of the hill :slight_smile: