[WatchFace] First Snow - Animated ❄️ by pacingpoet

First Snow is named for the Korean tradition of seeing the first snow of the year with the one you love.
(Winter Birdies by Maria Stezhko)

Tags: Beloved Legend+Lore Maria Stezhko art watercolor nature animals birds winter snow love animated

Comments and feedback welcome!

Edits:

1. Increased Weather Text font size.
  2. Added Weather Icons.
  3. Switched in Black Jack font by Typadelic to improve legibility.
  4. Added degree symbol.
  5. Added snowfall animation.
4 Likes

I like it. Did you go full grayscale on the dim image?

2 Likes

I use Black/White and Hue/Saturation adjustment layers in Photoshop to create monochromatic Dim side images.

Edit: More recently, I figured out how to use the same background image with the Tint feature in Facer Creator to decrease Lightness.

1 Like

@Facer_Official @Gavin Did older forum posts get locked recently?

I just revised this design to address user feedback, but I can no longer edit the version history. :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

@pacingpoet I’ll look into it, but I don’t think we made any changes on our end

1 Like

Thanks, @Gavin!

@patdude also recently told me that he couldn’t find the trash can icon on an older post of his, but I didn’t know what he was talking about at the time. In this case, I can no longer see the edit icon on my own post.

1 Like

Looks like there is a 60 day limit, I’ve lifted it temporarily. We’ll look into whether we want to adjust this in the long run.

2 Likes

I have updated this watch face to include animated snowfall.

As with all of my animated watch faces, this design is now open for Inspection.

Happy holidays, everyone!

1 Like

Cool design

2 Likes

I have updated this watch face to include step count per user request.
(brrrrrrrr New York is way too cold right now)

@Gavin Could you please lift the 60-day edit limit again so I can update the version history?
Thanks in advance!

1 Like

First snow in NY today… coming down fast. :snowflake: Hope you’re all doing well!

2 Likes