[Watchface] NEW: Cannonball Run!

Hey Everyone,
Here is my latest design - commemorating the highly illegal Cannonball Baker Sea-to-Shining Sea Memorial Trophy Dash widely known as the “Cannonball Run”, an unofficial, unsanctioned open road race across America from New York City to Redondo Beach, California. Five official runs took place in the 1970’s as a protest against strict traffic laws coming into effect at the time. The race had only one rule: complete the run across the United States in the fastest time possible with only one vehicle. The most famous run was that of American racing legend Dan Gurney with car magazine writer Brock Yates. The team completed the fastest time - 35:54 hours over 2,863 miles in a borrowed Ferrari Daytona and collected only one speeding ticket. In a Los Angeles Times article, Gurney made his famous tongue-in-cheek statement regarding traffic safety, “At no time did we exceed 175 mph.”

Dan Gurney is from a town very close to me in Port Jefferson, Long Island. He was the first of only 3 drivers to win Stock Car, Formula 1, Indy, Can-Am, and Trans-Am racing events. He is also won the 24-hours of LeMans and was the first to shake-up and spray champagne in the winner’s circle thus initiating this racing custom. Gurney just passed away this January. He was 86 years old.

I hope you like the watchface design :+1:

-John

3 Likes

Very slick. I like the shadowing.

Thank you Sir… (@eradicator09) :+1: