[Watchface] Prime Time

Hello again all. Working on this Metroid inspired watchface. I don’t normally do analog designs and trying to get better at making more realistic faces. Would love some feedback from anyone with a little more experience.
Thank you!

9 Likes

I think it looks great! Really good DIM mode. I just have to say the date is maybe too small. I think you have room to make it a little bit larger, don’t you? Another issue, in spanish, Facer showa contractions with . (example P.M. /SEP. etc) So you can think about it in order to make faces more compatibles… Great work here!

Looks great! With the dim mode, I think the word ‘Watch’ should fade or go green like everything else :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you @carlosfilippa!
Yeah I love glowing style dim mode. Agreed about the date size. Now trying it I will increase the size.
Good to know about the Am/PM issue in other languages. I will look into alternatives.

Thank you @roycaruso! That’s true, wasnt sure at first. Now looking at it more it does draw the eye a bit too much.
Thank you for the feedback.
This whole design was done on PowerPoint and feel like I’m pushing PowerPoint to its limits haha.

1 Like

Easy way is to use your own text AM/PM and use the tag just to decide wich one is visible…

1 Like

Haha Powerpoint rocks - it can do way more than people think :slight_smile:

1 Like

Very nice!!

1 Like

Looks great!.. I also make my designs with Powerpoint.

Looks awesome.

Looks good! I think I’m the only one that doesn’t use PowerPoint now. One thing I notice is the smaller circles for battery and day have a bezel and the outside bezel with the tick marks on it are cutting off parts of the little ones. It looks like you have some room to move them in just a touch so that they aren’t being cut off. Not that it looks bad now but I think it would make it look just a bit more realistic.

Awesome didn’t think about that. Thank you!

Thank you all. Yeah power point really does rock. Will make a few of those changes and let you all know once its updated. Thanks for all the input.

1 Like

All I have updated the AM/PM designator to work with other languages, increased size of the date as well as moved the battery and day dials as to not be interfered with by the outer bezel.
Thoughts? Thank you all again for all the feedback.

1 Like

Sorry to intrude on someone else’s topic

Can you explain what you mean about using PowerPoint? How would one use MS PowerPoint in watch faces?

Powerpoint has a lot of designing tools built in. Can do a multitude of shapes, Shadows, 3D effects. So you can make most of the background and watch hands on powerpoint and save as PNG file to import into Creator.

3 Likes

Wow. I had no idea!

Thanks.

No problem. Haha it’s like a whole new world of possibilities.

Yeah I wish I could try out this technique but sadly I don’t have access to PP. I always thought everyone had it but somehow I dont.

I’ve got it but for me it would be very hard to change. I’ve been using Illustrator for vector and Photoshop for bitmaps so long. I downloaded the template from Facer and realized they build their demo that way too using vector objects for the hands and bitmaps for the other items and complication.

Since i’m well at home in Adobe I’ll keep using that.

It’s impressive to me that people are good enough with PP to make those great faces. @Orion, @syntaxracing @zhnkrdg and @roycaruso in this thread alone do an incredible job with it. Maybe I should reconsider

2 Likes