[WatchFace] Speedster Hoth

Another addition to the Speedster collection. Bonus points* for guessing where the name comes from.
As always, I love to hear your feedback.

*While stocks last, non-binding agreement

5 Likes

Hoth was the ice planet in Star Wars ep. V “Empire Strikes Back”. White planet, of course. Nice face, great job!

1 Like

Ding ding ding!! We have a winner! :medal:

Thanks for the compliment @dfrangu

1 Like

Great.

1 Like

Really like this design. White is always so clean looking.

1 Like

Looks great. I can’t decide if I like the white or the black one better. Excellent work!! :grin:

1 Like

Beautiful design and very crisp!

How hard would it be to orientate the shadow of the hands so it portrays the light source from above (12 direction)?
e.g. hand at 12 = no shadow, hand at 3 = shadow below (in front of movement). hand at 6 = no shadow. hand at 9 = shadow below (behind movement).
I’m guessing it would have to be a multiplication of the standard movement progressively greater for the first 90 degrees and then progressively less the next 90; and then repeat for the remaining 180?
I don’t know lol, still learning.

1 Like

Thank you all for your kind comments.

@chadwgraves37 That’s the beauty of smart watches, you can have them all!!!

@zookcruzr I think it’s technically possible. I saw this tutorial below by @Tomas where he adds dynamic snow based on the hands positions e.g.
12 & 6 o’clock - no snow
3 & 9 o’clock - lots of snow
Diagonal positions - differing amounts of snow

However, I don’t know how much cpu load that would add for a seconds hand, especially if you want a smooth rotation instead of a ticking one.

It would be a good experiment to try but could be a lot of work to do this for each watchface.

https://news.facer.io/snow-snowflake-winter-dream-for-every-watch-face-tutorial-18af1bbc275a

2 Likes

@dubblebee I think this tutorial by @Tomas may be what he is looking for. [TOMAJA Tutorial] Super Simple Basic 3D Effects & Shadows - ONE EFFECT
You can just duplicate the hand behind the regular one and reduce transparency to about 33% and move it in the direction you want the shadow. So in this case you could just move it down a couple of positions.

2 Likes

@Orion :thumbsup: