What are the requiremens for an external font on Gear Sport?

I have news, mostly positive!

Today I resorted to trying windows (from a virtual machine), you never know, although highly unlikely… I fired up IE, went to www.facer.io and… nothing! Doesn’t work at all. Applied “compatibility mode” and then I got the cryptic text “TEST1”. But still nothing. Besides a note on an error (according to IE) in the javascript code.

So I installed Chrome. That’s what I use on my Linux install as well. Set it up virginally, no extensions, no changed configs etc. Went to www.facer.io -> designer and it worked. Now also font uploads work.

My conclusion from this, is that the issue is either in:

• The Linux Chrome version that I use (very unlikely, because it also doesn’t work with Firefox)
  • Some configuration for Chrome that I use (very unlikely, because it also doesn’t work with Firefox)
  • Some extension for Chrome that I use (not very likely, because it also doesn’t work with Firefox, but e.g. Lastpass is installed in both and may interfere)
  • Some code at www.facer.io that checks for the operating system, and indirectly triggers a bug, very bad!

I can’t think of other reasons. Facer, please investigate!

At least it’s clearly NOT something with my internet proxy or the way I connect to the internet in general, as was suggested by Facer themselves. Also it’s not an issue specific for the Gear Sport as I suspected myself.

Everyone from the community that was helpful, thank you very much, very much appreciated!