Y Position expression fails on watch

Working on a cartoon character design where the eyes would randomly blink. I have an image of the head with the eyes open and an image of just the closed eyelids. The closed eyelids image needs to go from height 0 to 14 and then back to 0 within ??ms on a random schedule.

Any ideas for the expression to accomplish this? Thanks!

((#Dsm#-#Ds#)*1000) for miliseconds

I don’t know of any random tag, but you could use something like ((sin(#DWE#*((#Dsm#-#Ds#)*1000))+1)/2)
that should go from 0 to 1 with quasi randomness. If you multiply inside of the sin by something large you should be able to tell it more or less how often you want it to go.

You could use something like: if sin() >0.8 then (((#Dsm#-#Ds#)/x)*14) where x is your ??ms time.

Hope it will help.

Thanks Mellin, but I noticed even at a height of zero I could see a horizontal line, so this solution for a blink isn’t going to work.

TAKE 2: I cut my character’s head in half like the “Recipe for Back & Forth Motion” (Facer - Thousands of FREE watch faces for Apple Watch, Samsung Gear S3, Huawei Watch, and more) and layered bottom half of head with eyes, closed eyelids, and finally top of head.

Y Position: (99 + sin((#DWFSS#)*2)*8)

The speed of the “blink” was perfect but the frequency is too high. Poor little guy was blinking like Joel Osteen.

For an interval, Y Position was updated to: $#Ds#%3==0? (99 + sin((#DWFSS#)*2)*8) : 99$

PROBLEM: It works great on the web but on my watch the eyelids are stuck to the top of the screen with no animation.

Draft - sethhumphrey - Auburn University - Aubie - watch face for Apple Watch, Samsung Gear S3, Huawei Watch, and more - Facer