Animation On Background

I’ve read in another topic that Creator won’t take an animated .gif. Would be great if it would, but is animation a mathematical process here? I have a Halloween face that I’d love to animate the eyes ( back and forth) on. Is there a tutorial?

2 Likes

That’s a great tutorial. I’m impressed! Thank you so much. I’ll need to wait until I have some spare time to learn it, or until Creator will take a quick .gif from my Animation Shop.
You guys are amazing for all that you do.

1 Like

I gave animation an attempt. I’m not sure whether the jerkiness is my browser, my computer, or whether my number (and sequence) of frames is off. I did experience some sluggishness between text edits - not sure why. I ended up deleting text that was in Dim Mode to see if it helped the whole thing load faster.
Suggestions are welcome.
https://www.facer.io/watchface/l5ZBOxROu5?share=true

Are the eyes the only thing moving? Is it supposed to be slower?

If there are only two positions I would use the following for the frames:
Frame 0: $(#Dsm#-#Ds#)>(0*0.5)&&(#Dsm#-#Ds#)<=((0+1)0.5)?100:0$
Frame 1: $(#Dsm#-#Ds#)>(1
0.5)&&(#Dsm#-#Ds#)<=((1+1)*0.5)?100:0$

This way they move back and forth once each second. Equal time at 1/2 second, kind of like a pendulum movement. If you want to make them take longer you could use the 2-second animation with the squarewave function.

1 Like

Yes, just the eyes move. Yes, slower would be better.
Thank you for the help. I’ll fix that later today. With only two positions, I need only two frames - except for an extra Frame 0 as mentioned in the tutorial?

Correct, I use a static frame (as a background image). This makes the design look clean on the completed view page. Otherwise it sometimes rendered all animated frames as transparent in the final view (when time is 12:00:00).

1 Like

Super! Thanks for replying. I’m going to practice a bit, but I think I have it. Maybe in a month or so I can work my way up to my snowman juggling snowballs. :wink: