Cant Update to New Version of Facer

As the title states I can’t update the app. Whenever I try to update the app it gets to “installing” then says “Warning, Failed to install the app.” I have a Samsung Gear S3

Hi! Can you try uninstalling and reinstalling the app? If you have faces saved on your watch, make sure you add them to your watchbox on your phone first. Thanks!

If you mean the phone app then I have already tried uninstalling and reinstalling it, but if you mean the app that is downloaded from the galaxy app store then, i am not able to uninstall it because the galaxy app store says that installed apps can’t be uninstalled.

Sorry yes, I meant the watch app. Maybe you can try long-pressing on the watch face and tapping the “-” button? I believe that triggers the uninstall process.

You may want to contact some of the folks at Temperature display stopped working. There’s a few who had success uninstall and reinstalling there.

@haidenpowell9

You can uninstall the companion app on your watch 1 of 2 ways: 1, As Facer Official has noted above: with a Samsung, or non-Facer face loaded, long-press your screen like you want to change watch faces, find Facer, and hit the - minus sign to uninstall the plugin.

OR, on your phone go into your Galaxy App Store-My Apps-All–Gear and scroll until you find Facer. Hit the Uninstall button and give it a minute. Then just click Install or Update and everything should work fine.