Gears and Crankshaft Movement MASTER CLASS

Wonderfull .I was looking at the Hrmomic Drive .That is it just a few more teeth .
I am going to make a new Collection for Gears . Thanks for showing us That .

1 Like

whereā€™s the rotary engine for the Mazda fans? :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like
2 Likes

I tried to take these gears from Maurice Lacroix Facer as well as from pictures of the real watches as a reference for attempting this setup. I could not get the gears aligned, so I ended up creating my own gears with a lot bigger teeth. It took several tries and quite some trial and errorā€¦

4 Likes

Amazing Well Done. Thanks for posting the Gauss Wankel.

1 Like

And here the gearsā€¦
SQ13A
SQ13A3D
SQ13C

SQ13D3D
SQ13E3D
SQ13C3D

3 Likes

Still playing with gearsā€¦

Tap the center to change the rotation.

6 Likes

Wow! That is amazing movement. Thank you for the resources also :grinning:

2 Likes

Jesus!

Just when I think Iā€™ve seen everything you guys come up with new crazy things!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

2 Likes

Have you, or anybody for that matter recreated the Corpus Clock or better yet called the Grasshopper Escapement? It is on the Cambridge Campus.

2 Likes

Havenā€™t come across that one!
Looks interestingā€¦

Grasshopper-escapement_colored

4 Likes

Wow. Look at the Maths on That.

2 Likes

oh man. you are lightyears in front of meā€¦

2 Likes

Saw this on a page with animations, had to try itā€¦

5 Likes

I could look at that for hours . Makers Delight . Not a single GIF frame in Sight . Those 3D Jumping animation Faces are put to shame by this Excellence . That is one of the first rules of animation loops . No jumps between first and last frame . Thanks for Showring us that . This Topic is Elevated beyond a Master Class .

2 Likes

Wow! That is amazing. Iā€™ve never seen that!

2 Likes

You may have seen this somewhere in the Internet or Youtube.

I started out with the sinus functions to move the frame back and forth, but the setup is actually linear.
So I thought of moving multiple frames without sinus, one moving to the left, another moving to the right depending on intervals. All too complicatedā€¦

The solution is a lot easier. The sinus function delivers the positive and negative values. So how to make it linear? Before doing the math with the floor function, I searched the community and found this tutorial: Trying to understand sinā€¦

This is the result:

2 Likes

Thanks for flagging that tutorial . Duly Bookmarked .

1 Like

canā€™t get enough ā€¦

3 Likes

Hey nice Tom . I guess it was deliberate you get a cycle in 5 seconds for the preview . I found a .5 second jump in that forget now if it is plus or minus .
I donā€™t men to hijack the Topic having no gears .

1 Like