Gears and Crankshaft Movement MASTER CLASS

I had a water pump lying around and I did not know what to do with it, so I figured I could use it to run a watch. The water flow stops if the water pressure is below 0.5 (Battery <10%).

Will clean it up and publish soon…

5 Likes

Great Fun . Well Done .

2 Likes

Cool!
I was exploring drops of water, but somehow I did not manage… I would have had to make the drop disappear depending on the level of the water. Maybe I should use a funnel … :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Mask Mask Mask .

1 Like

I had to try the Geneva gear setup. I added bidirectional movement, a bit of animation upon wake and bubbles flowing through the glass pipes.

Thanks to @petruuccios for the formula. I tried some alternatives, but must say I did not come up with anything better.

But the movement is not quite there yet…

6 Likes

I am using this on a Geneva WIP . Also from Peter . I think you will find #Dsm# is well broken at the moment causing a jump in your Cross rotation . If you make test with ((#Dsm#)*30) in a seconds hand rotation you will see the glitch especially if you run one with ((#DWFSS#)*5) underneath.
(57.2958*atan(sin((1-clamp((2*((#DNOW#)/1000))%8,0,2))*0.7854)/(1.4142-cos((1-clamp((2*((#DNOW#)/1000))%8,0,2))*0.7854))))

3 Likes

Yes, I came to realize that something seems wrong. I could not explain the jumps. Thanks.
Back to the drawing board…

2 Likes

Tom I am sure that error is Temporary . It is too important a timer for Facer to leave broken . I am going to look at the Chrono Timers even though I am not a Pro at the moment .

Here’s my attempt at it.
It is not perfect, but not too bad for a start:

Open for inspection…

3 Likes

Broke My Watch :::)))
Screenshot_20240204_095334_sysui

1 Like

Oh dear! I guess that is why they came up with this mechanism at some point:

IMG_9846

3 Likes

Ha Ha yes . A bit more balance . Did you draw that TOM . The contact is perfect . The cheeky Bounce back is Brilliant . Of course if the Curves were perfect it would not . But then It would be Boring .

1 Like

no, no, found in the Internet…

2 Likes

Trying a few things with non-circular gears. With these types of gears, one gear is the driver, has a constant angular speed, and the second gear is the driven one. Its speed varies. The math is not that easy… In the particular case, the rotation speeds are the same but one axis moves left and right.

3 Likes

Oil pump next . Well done .

1 Like